·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New Jem Swirl guitar project DC07 JEM 'Swirl'

The idea:

Specifications DC07:

- Body: Basswood.
- Neck: Maple with ebony fingerboard and vine inlays in red & orange neon colors.
- Bridge: Ibanez Lo Pro Edge tremolo.
- Tuners: Gotoh.
- Pickups: Dimarzios Evolution yellow color.
- Hardware: Black.
- Paint: Swirl by Herc Fede.

This project started in 2009.... and I mounted and finished the guitar this month Dec 2016. :|
I hadn't opened a thread about this guitar yet... so here it is. I hope you like it. ;)

Merry Christmas!

Dani.

Pd... tomorrow I'll post pics.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is insane! Can't wait to see the finished pics. What made you decide to go with the EVO pickups if you don't mind me asking?
I don't know,,, I had to choose ones and what's a better option than the EVO for a Jem, you know? ;)

I'm gonna take some photos of the guitar right now and post them here, I'll be back in a moment...:p

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)

It's just like my initial idea :smile:...

The only bad thing is that I would have prefered red inlays as I ordered, not that 'pink' neon :|; I don't like the pink on the body either... anyways, it's fine.

I also had some problems with the neck: the truss rod's screew didn't work well, the nut cavity needed sanding and leveling, and the edges of the frets hurt the hand... but I was able to fix it all. :)

cheers.
dani.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's a custom neck with custom inlays then? Who made it for you?
It's made by ETguitars... but it needed a lot of extra work! :|

I am a little disappointed with the work that Ernie did.... not only with this neck, also with the other two that I have got from him. All with many problems..., like my other guitar DC04, by now, unplayable... the poor guitar needs a good luthier :(.
And not to mention the exaggerated waiting time.
A pity.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I don't know,,, I had to choose ones and what's a better option than the EVO for a Jem, you know?
Gravity Storms............

It's just like my initial idea

The only bad thing is that I would have prefered red inlays as I ordered, not that 'pink' neon
; I don't like the pink on the body either... anyways, it's fine.

I also had some problems with the neck: the truss rod's screew didn't work well, the nut cavity needs sanding and leveling, and the edges of the frets hurt the hand... but I was able to fix it all.

cheers.
dani.
I'm digging on the pink myself. It's so 80's. The 80's were a great time. In no other decade would pink have been considered bad ass.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.