Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wrote an email to Dean asking if they still were making their acoustic 7's. They're not:(, but here's the reply from the Dean rep:

We do not have a 7 string acoustic in production at present...we are going
to have a new electric 7 string later this summer.
Watch the website for details on that,
thanks
Nothing too descriptive - but at least its something to keep an eye on. I mainly play Ibanez guitars (an RG7620 and a RG1077XL), but I have a soft spot for my black EVO Special 7.

I hope Dean's new 7-string is a higher end guitar akin to their Exotic Hardtail line. Those are some sweet looking instruments.

Maybe it will have a 27" scale neck too:)

Awake77

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Awake77 said:
I wrote an email to Dean asking if they still were making their acoustic 7's. They're not:(, but here's the reply from the Dean rep:

Nothing too descriptive - but at least its something to keep an eye on. I mainly play Ibanez guitars (an RG7620 and a RG1077XL), but I have a soft spot for my black EVO Special 7.

I hope Dean's new 7-string is a higher end guitar akin to their Exotic Hardtail line. Those are some sweet looking instruments.

Maybe it will have a 27" scale neck too:)

Awake77
The hardtail line does rock, very well balanced, nice shape tone, and great fretwork. Id really love to have one

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Awake77 said:
Well, here it is guys:

http://www.deanguitars.com/vendetta_1.7.htm

Its a damn Vendetta :(. I was SO hoping for a new exotic EVO or hardtail 7. Oh well.
That's really disappointing. "Solid wood"? I guess that means whatever fell off the dock that day.

I think they're misunderstanding the 7 string market. It's back to being a niche instrument, one not often served by bargain basement instruments.

I think an MIK hardtail with duncans for ~$500-600 would have been a better choice.

·
Registered
312 Posts
They should of done ALOT better. A more interesting shape and better materials would of really got it some attention.

Maybe a Flying V 7 string? or even Cadillac? with some nice materials like Mahogany, Alder or Maple Top.

Every budget seven looks the same and pretty much uses the same materials, I for one, may change back to 6 string and just tune down. At least then i have more options open to me

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hell I would have rather seen a 7 string 335 knock off (that would actually be kind of cool!) than another low-end Ibanez clone. Dean does make some wicked instruments, we should seriously write them and express our disappointment, as well as offer suggestions for a new 7.

Hell I can buy a Washburn WG587 for less than $200 new, strip it down and have a nice Alder body 7-string to bang around on:)

Email them at [email protected]

·
Registered
73 Posts
I put my two cents in...here's the email i sent them

I am sad to admit that I am disappointed in your choice for a new 7 string line. There are already enough “budget” series 7 strings out there with very competitive pricing. I don’t see your new 7 string being the best bang for its buck when other guitars in its class have more features. A Hardtail 7 would have been new and fresh, a very nice looker and player I’d imagine. I do hope it does well but I will be first to say that as a 7 string enthusiast, it has not caught my eye and I hope that you bring something better into the line. This doesn’t differ much from your avalanche series. At least the Evo held its own. A USA hardtail or even Korean would kick, and I’d take a look (since the 6 string versions are great instruments).

Again, I am sorry to be emailing you with this complaint, but what a heartless attempt.

Thank You

Eric Rose
Taylor and Francis CS
Phone: 1-800-634-7064 Ext 5052
Fax: 1-800-248-4724

·
Super Moderator
9,731 Posts
Awake77 said:
Hell I would have rather seen a 7 string 335 knock off (that would actually be kind of cool!) than another low-end Ibanez clone. Dean does make some wicked instruments, we should seriously write them and express our disappointment, as well as offer suggestions for a new 7.
Email them at [email protected]
Yeah, a 335/355 type would be a blast! Ibanez has the capacity to slap something like that together now....not that they will.

·
Registered
883 Posts
I think the seven-string market is in a catch-22 right now. On one hand public interest in 7's has diminished, so companies react by playing it safe, offering bland, low-end to mid-level imports- not exactly piquing the interests of serious players...

On the other hand, maybe public interest would be higher and more serious, high-end buying players would be game if more exciting and innovative models were offered.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Demiurge said:
I think the seven-string market is in a catch-22 right now. On one hand public interest in 7's has diminished, so companies react by playing it safe, offering bland, low-end to mid-level imports- not exactly piquing the interests of serious players...

On the other hand, maybe public interest would be higher and more serious, high-end buying players would be game if more exciting and innovative models were offered.
I reckon

1 - 18 of 18 Posts