Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Dear Ibanez, the guitar I'd like to buy would have these specs...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
what are people prepared to pay for?

Make a little noise, here.

Post in short readable sentences, specs, models, colors etc. Ibanez does read the posts here by the way:). Post pics, photo shop images, enhanced photos along with your specs of models you'd like to see Ibanez deliver to the marketplace.

Want to make a big noise, here? Then post your model now.

·
Registered
965 Posts
And what, pray tell, would be the point when we have a whole Comments to Ibanez section here: http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f22/
its easier to read a bar chart and get an instant feeling for what people want rather than trawling through a 100 page thread on the same subject.

From this chart I can clearly see that people want hot fluro colours, swirls and the original edge. Easily the three most integral wants of the Jem loving world.

·
Super Moderator
7,288 Posts
Whilst I'm happy to vote, the poll really should be "what are people prepared to pay for?

I asked for Edge trems, black guitars, non-black guitars and colour options. The Edge trem is by far my favourite bridge. I like solid coloured guitars, whether they're black, white, orange or neon green.

·
Premium Member
10,116 Posts
there was no choice for more neck-thru's, so I'll add that here.

I would love to see Ibanez finally put out a Jackson SL-1 killer. They've been close a couple times,but never on the mark.

·
Super Moderator
7,288 Posts
there was no choice for more neck-thru's, so I'll add that here.

I would love to see Ibanez finally put out a Jackson SL-1 killer. They've been close a couple times,but never on the mark.
LOL - you need to say what features would do that... What guitars were close, why weren't they close enough?

In fact that's another "comments to Ibanez" thread altogether ;)

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
You left off the "real Dimarzios" poll option. :D

I'm personally sticking with the PGM301 with no f-holes production model in candy apple; especially now that Paul doesn't really play an RG-style guitar anymore.

·
Premium Member
10,116 Posts
LOL - you need to say what features would do that... What guitars were close, why weren't they close enough?

In fact that's another "comments to Ibanez" thread altogether ;)
LOL...I just assumed everyone would know. My bad :smile:

OK, here's my wishlist for an SL-1 killer:

- 3-piece ultra thru-neck, satin finish- Wizard profile optional
- Ebony board, figured maple optional
- MOP inlays options for offset dots, center dots, mini sharksteeth (ala piranha teeth), or sharktooth
- binding options for neck and headstock
- MOP Ibanez inlay on head No swoosh, no prestige, nothing extra......
- volute
- 6105 fretwire.....JC fret finishing
- Alder or Ash wings
- options for body binding
- option for carved top
- H-S-S config (Tone Zone, Paf-S, AN-S)
- VLX-91 switch
- options for transparent 6mm top (choice of 2 or 3 colors/bursts) or a choice of 2 or 3 custom solid colors, matching headstock
- Lo-Pro and associated hardware in cosmo, black, or chrome dependent on finish choice
- STB T.O.M. option- graphite nut
- Angled jack
- Flight case

There were a few RGT's (3120,3170,320) that were close, but the pickup config. blew it.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Know what's funny? All the other companies will do things like that. I swear, you'd think that Ibanez is going broke and can only afford upgraded RG350's :lol:

·
Registered
163 Posts
More bridge options please. For the love of god don't be another Jackson. Which color would you like? Black, black, and oh did I mention we have black? I'd like to see dimarzio in mid range guitars or at least DM/IBZ pickups.

My main gripe is color. What happened to Ibanez for colors? So many color choices. Now it's single shade's, it's so bland.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
LOL...I just assumed everyone would know. My bad :smile:

OK, here's my wishlist for an SL-1 killer:

- 3-piece ultra thru-neck, satin finish- Wizard profile optional
- Ebony board, figured maple optional
- MOP inlays options for offset dots, center dots, mini sharksteeth (ala piranha teeth), or sharktooth
- binding options for neck and headstock
- MOP Ibanez inlay on head No swoosh, no prestige, nothing extra......
- volute
- 6105 fretwire.....JC fret finishing
- Alder or Ash wings
- options for body binding
- option for carved top
- H-S-S config (Tone Zone, Paf-S, AN-S)
- VLX-91 switch
- options for transparent 6mm top (choice of 2 or 3 colors/bursts) or a choice of 2 or 3 custom solid colors, matching headstock
- Lo-Pro and associated hardware in cosmo, black, or chrome dependent on finish choice
- STB T.O.M. option- graphite nut
- Angled jack
- Flight case

There were a few RGT's (3120,3170,320) that were close, but the pickup config. blew it.
I'm prepared to pay for this guitar. Especially if it's a seven string. Maybe have an option for H-S-H. But yeah, binding and arched tops and neck through and...TASTY. :)

·
Registered
879 Posts
I'm in the process of blocking off my 777DY's tremolo. I already have the brass block, now I'm going to stick a block of wood in the cavity between it and the body. After an extended amount of time hanging out with a hardtail, I realize that for me, as in personally, I'm not missing much. So I voted for more bridge options, but I also voted for the Edge.

I voted for more florescent colors AND transparent bursts. Solid colors on basswood as well as bursts on ash and alder like the recent Timmons and PGM are good options.

·
Super Moderator
7,288 Posts
I'm prepared to pay for this guitar. Especially if it's a seven string. Maybe have an option for H-S-H. But yeah, binding and arched tops and neck through and...TASTY. :)
Which one? RGTFanatic's dream guitar seems to be more like an option list rather than a description of an actual guitar ;)

The problem I see with option lists is that they are so against the Ibanez business model these days. These days you get one or two guitars in one or two colours in each niche at each price point.

There are at least 10 different "options" which gives well over 1000 different guitars on that spec list!

I'd have stuck with "high end neck through with HSS pickup configuration" and left it at that ;)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts