Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After posting a thread on which guitar I should buy in a previous post, Schecter BlackJack 006 or Ibanez SZ520, I purchased neither. Strange as it is I tried both out and though the Ibanez felt better and looked great and sounded sweet I didn't buy it. The Schecter with the Duncans (JB and Jazz) this one sounded excellent and the guitar was beautiful and felt really nice in my hands and after walking back and forth to decide which one would go home with me......I purchased a Fender Jimmie Vaughn Signature strat instead. Candy apple red an awesome maple neck with a little fatter v-neck, with Tex-Mex strat pickups wound very hot in the bridge and fat in the mids and the neck rang like a cow-bell. I already own a nashville tele that is really an outstanding guitar and I guess being that my musical tastes and styles have really changed from prog metal, to all other sorts of thrash and rock and have really learned to love Robben Ford, Eric Johnson, Joe Bonammasa, Brad Pailsey I could not pass up the Fender. It feels better to me and sounds exactly what I want it to sound like and through my Traynor YCV tube amp it is dirty and and twangy and punchy it was the best choice for me. Thanks guys for all the suggestions I do appraciate them

Armando

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Ah well, at least your happy with what you have! And I love strats too, everybody needs at least 1 good strat in their collection. I am starting to like strats more than my Ibanez recently, I prefer the necks at the moment. Plus I am a huge Yngwie fan, so it goes with the territory! lol :)

Glad your pleased with it, post some pics if and when you get a chance if you can. Be nice to see it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The funny thing about all of this is when I stopped playing 4 years ago, I owned a Jem7dbk, and SC420 a S1620 prestige. I could not see myself playing anything other than Ibanez period! And little did I know that Fenders can and do become quite addictive. I do miss my Jem7dbk it was prestine and the tone was ridiculous. Now it's just straight fenders through the traynor 1 morley tremmonti wah and that is it...I'll tell that is crazy for me especially having the guitars I listed above with a super reverb, a bad horsie wah, Ibanez TS-808(mod) a small clone chorus. It is a complete breakdown of gear.
But all I know is simple is better for me and tone is now ever so important than it has ever been.

Armando

·
Registered
55 Posts
the.godfather said:
everybody needs at least 1 good strat in their collection.
Or a good Starfield :)

I love strat tone, but I haven't found a strat that feels right in my hands yet. The last one had a V neck that felt nice, but was too narrow for me. I have a hard time with the vintage hardware too. What I like about the Starfields is that they took all the good strat qualities, and got rid of the bad ones.

BTW, this station got me hopelessly hooked on "strat-shred" tone:
http://www.fusiongroovin.com/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.