Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have made many frustrating trips into beauty stores, dept stores, anywhere they might sell nail polish. I bought a few here and there that looked pretty close, but when I got home they were not even close to the DY. Most had an orangish tint and lacked the bright glow. My wife had a gift card for Sephora, a cosmetic store in the local mall. I wandered off to the nail polishes, and saw this. It is their house brand. Got it home and it is almost a perfect match. Probably 98% dead on. They only sell it in a 4 pack with hot pink(kinda close to the SK, may get you by), green(not LNG), and orange. I have attached a couple of pics of the yellow. Hope this helps

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did they look at you weirdly when you kept coming in to buy various nail polishes? :D
The employees at Walgreen's always thought I was trying to steal a $1.99 bottle of nail polish. But the funny thing is....I asked for help from one of the ladies working at Sephora. I had my phone out, with a picture of my guitar(the color never looks the same in a photo, BTW). She seemed a little speechless at first, but was really helpful after she figured out I wasn't some weirdo wanting to paint my toe nails, and pointed out the set with the yellow one. I had my wife hold it in the check-out line, and pay for it with HER gift card. No, really....this yellow is perfect for small dings, however, it is NOT fluorescent. You can't tell unless it's held under a black light, so don't paint the whole guitar with it!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Looks an insanely close match, nice one! I have a buddy wanting to touch up a few dings on his 550, I'll have to let him know about this!

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
If you want a perfect match, you can go into any art store and buy a basic yellow acrylic and a couple of other colors like red (magenta), blue (cyan), an black (knockout) to help you dial in the perfect hue. Of course take up art while you at it. ;)

With the blue, yellow, red, black you can technically match any non-metallic color out there. A color matching wheel or chart from internet should get you in perfect matching ball park.

http://www.printdesigns.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Screen-shot-2013-07-19-at-15.23.01.png

1 - 8 of 8 Posts