Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Just wanted to fill you in on some new down here in Alabama. We've just been hit by who knows how many tornadoes killing (as we know of right now) 53+ people. Tuscaloosa (west of bham, home of the University of Alabama) was slammed by an F4 tornado, killing 15 and counting. Cullman and Pleasant Grove also took a very hard hit. I know that there are actually a few of us Alabamians on Jemsite, and just wanted to fill in the crew about our situations. We might/might not be off the site for a while as this set of tornadoes was REALLY devastating.
Prayers certainly welcome.

A few images (you can find some videos of the f4 tornado online):

15th St at Tuscaloosa looking towards the DCH hospital

Also at 15th ST

This may have bogged us down, but we're still gonna keep rocking! :)

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Hope everyone's OK. Y'all got hit hard. I have a ton of friends at University of Alabama, and they said they'd never seen anything like it.

I'm also worrying about the floodwaters about to overtake my home back in Memphis. The Wolf River is supposed to crest tomorrow, so we'll see.

This was a bad one. Just hope we don't have anymore soon. The time around this weekend is always terrible though (it's the same weekend as Music Fest in Memphis every year; last year, tornadoes cancelled a lot of the acts). Everybody stay safe.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I have power again! Fultondale, Codova, Cullman and all sorts of places were hit...I cant even describe how terrible it is. The death toll is up well above 200 now. I got this from James Spann this morning. It seems like everything is laid to waste...I wont say what i've seen, but its not "jemsite safe" ill put it that way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.