Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan on putting a Wizard II neck on my lefty prestige that has the Edge-Pro trem.

My question is will the 400mm radius on the Wizard II neck have any negative effect on action considering the Edge-Pro is designed to be used with a 430mm neck?

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
That's a pretty small difference really. But you can always adjust the bridge radius with saddle shims (under the saddles) to match the neck if you like.

G

·
I JUST SHIMMED MY RG1820X SADDLES ...
GO TO THE DOLLAR STORE AND BUY THE CHEAP TINFOIL, IT IS VERY THIN AND CAN BE FOLDED TO ADD MORE HEIGHT. IT WORKED GREAT AND NOW THE SADDLES ARE PERFECT WHAT A DIFFERENCE IN PLAYABILITY.

·
Registered
3,986 Posts
I JUST SHIMMED MY RG1820X SADDLES ...
GO TO THE DOLLAR STORE AND BUY THE CHEAP TINFOIL, IT IS VERY THIN AND CAN BE FOLDED TO ADD MORE HEIGHT. IT WORKED GREAT AND NOW THE SADDLES ARE PERFECT WHAT A DIFFERENCE IN PLAYABILITY.
Hey buddy how about fixing that Caps Lock key, seems to be stuck.

G

·
Hey buddy how about fixing that Caps Lock key, seems to be stuck.
I was just trying to help and din't know there would be a typing test involved .. no worries I 'll be on my way and not share any more info.

Be careful it's a long way down off that high horse.

·
Vendor
26,455 Posts
With such great information lost, what will we ever do?

I used to cut up Pepsi cans to make shims, now I have a fabricator make them in 4 thicknesses, 300 at a time. Very useful for correctly radiusing edge pro bridges.

·
Registered
3,986 Posts
Bye bye, take care and come back when you can't stay. I just love "I am gonna take my ball and go home." folks. Dude if you get riled up over something like that then you have a rude awaking in store when you enter the real world.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Bye bye, take care and come back when you can't stay. I just love "I am gonna take my ball and go home." folks. Dude if you get riled up over something like that then you have a rude awaking in store when you enter the real world.
Give 'em the benefit of the doubt. I hear that PMS, menstrual cramps and elevated estrogen levels can wreak havoc on one's emotions at certain times of the month. ;)

·
Registered
3,986 Posts
Give 'em the benefit of the doubt. I hear that PMS, menstrual cramps and elevated estrogen levels can wreak havoc on one's emotions at certain times of the month. ;)
So I should buy stock in midol? If he had not became snotty I would have said I thought the tin foil was a good idea but I won't now ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts