Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Carrots

Votes: 11 16.4%
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have 2. A Les Paul a full step down, and a SG a 1/2 step down. Besides my fixed bridge guitars my floyds are in standard. I have a JS in standard, and a RFR RG550 both in standard.

·
Super Moderator
9,696 Posts
Fusion mostly, but whatever I feel like playing at any given moment. I honestly don't spend much time playing other people's music anymore. My playing tends to break down to one of two scenarios; me alone with my synths and drum machine, or me and the drum machine with either one daughter on flute or another daughter on sax. OR, either of those scenarios with me on bass and the rest staying the same ;) When I'm playing by myself with nothing else it's almost always piano and not guitar these days.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
My main guitar is now tuned to E flat. Because I bend so much I find standard tuning exhausting, because of the tension of the strings. But this may change, I dunno. I'm also playing guitar whilst downtuned to B. I love those sounds in the lower region. I'll eventually have a six string baritone guitar for that. :)

·
Registered
394 Posts
Strat 1/2 step down.
Lp studio in drop c (cgcfad)
Gretsch Hollowbody in standard
Ibanez s2170's all three of them are tuned drop d (dadgbe)
Ibanez 760 tuned to drop b
Tele (dad's ran off and put it in open g or something)
Washburn Dime V a whole step down.

those all stay in the "cork room" on stands or in open cases so at any moment if the notion hits me i can start jamming just about any song or style in as little time as possible.

Any guitar i own not in rotation either has no strings on, or is detuned completely.

Mostly Beachy rock, or deathcore....

·
Registered
455 Posts
Being a Rush fan in my younger days, I used to have to tune A≈430 (-30 cents) to play along to some of their albums. If I recall correctly, Roll the Bones was then tuned up a half step (FA#D#G#CF) from A≈430, so overall it was +70 cents above A=440.

Now,
*6-string: standard or Eb.
*7-string: BEADF#BE.
12-string: DGCFAD
*ESP Arming Adjusters are installed to allow for Drop D, Drop Db, or Drop A tunings with relative ease.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Hey guys. So, how many guitars do you have tuned to something besides A440?
I have 2. A Les Paul a full step down, and a SG a 1/2 step down. Besides my fixed bridge guitars my floyds are in standard. I have a JS in standard, and a RFR RG550 both in standard.
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that if you tune your guitar half step down (or DADGAD or Drop-C or whatever) doesn't mean your guitar isn't in A440. A440 means that one of the A's on your guitar is a 440 Hz tone (and with that, all other notes relative to that one). If you tune your guitar half step down you simply change the position of that standard A, you don't actually change it to, for instance, A435 or something, so I wouldn't call the 'standard tuning' A440.

To answer the question: all my guitars are tuned A440 and usually EADGBE and sometimes standard C-tuning.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Zakk Wylde LP down to Eb

Jim Root Tele in drop C

Hello Kitty Strat in Nashville tuning

One of the RGTs is going to end up in Eb shortly as well

1 - 20 of 37 Posts