Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently bought a used digitecj whammy 4 pedal. I plug it in all excited and put on the octave up setting and something strange happened. When I have the pedal all the way back and turn it on with the button, it automatically jumps up like a minor sixth, and does the same thing for the other settings

Plus- I push the pedal not even halfway fowards and it's done shifting the pitch up- nothing happens pushing the rest of the way

What kind of problem could this be?

If I can fix it I'll keep it, if not I'll return it and spend more money to get the polyphonic dt.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Have you tried the calibration procedure yet? If not, you can google it. There's a PDF and a youtube video that comes up. Sounds like this may be your issue.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Yeah you need to calibrate it first, hold down the foot switch when you turn it on, the lights should flash, then rock the pedal forward and back a few times, i do it with my hands rather than my foot cus if you put to much pressure you can send it out of whack a little bit, once youve done this push the footswitch and all should be good. I calibrate mine on a regular basis as they are a bugger for going out of tune (if thats the right word to use)

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I cannot believe I said minor ninth. I meant minor sixth.

Ok I'll see if I can fix it by doing that. I'll look up a video

Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts