Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Anybody from Canada here having problems getting DiMarzio pickups? I ordered a DP188 Pro-Track for a replacement pickup on my strat from a local store. The guy checked with the distributor in Vancouver, they had some in stock. Was going to be 5 to 10 business days. Great! 3 weeks later I called the store. They checked again with the distributor and they had forgotten to ship the pickup. I was calm, not the store's fault. Happens I guess. BUT, it's been over 5 weeks now, no pickup, and they haven't confirmed that they have shipped out the pickup. The guy at the local store is trying to get a confirmation, but they're checking to see if it was shipped.

Local store dude said it's like that with them, but he can usually get Seymour Duncans within 4 days, he said they are alot better for distribution in Canada.

Anybody have a similar experience?

Andy

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Hi all,

Anybody from Canada here having problems getting DiMarzio pickups? I ordered a DP188 Pro-Track for a replacement pickup on my strat from a local store. The guy checked with the distributor in Vancouver, they had some in stock. Was going to be 5 to 10 business days. Great! 3 weeks later I called the store. They checked again with the distributor and they had forgotten to ship the pickup. I was calm, not the store's fault. Happens I guess. BUT, it's been over 5 weeks now, no pickup, and they haven't confirmed that they have shipped out the pickup. The guy at the local store is trying to get a confirmation, but they're checking to see if it was shipped.

Local store dude said it's like that with them, but he can usually get Seymour Duncans within 4 days, he said they are alot better for distribution in Canada.

Anybody have a similar experience?

Andy
I know exactly what you're talking about. When I used to manage a guitar shop in Toronto we had the same issues with the Canadian Distributor(Wes-Can). They rarely ever keep any in stock and to be quite honest, I used to get pickups from US dealers for cheaper than directly from the Canadian distributor (but that was back when the exchange rate was still at 15-20% difference).

The Canadian distributor for Seymour Duncan however (Erikson Music/Jam Industries) is a much more efficient and organized company to deal with. I never found that Wes-Can Music, the Canadian DiMarzio distributor actually stocked much in terms of pickups. Might I suggest sending dimarzio an e-mail about this or maybe re posting your post over at DimarzioForum.com so that it might catch Larry DiMarzio's attention?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Buddroyce.

I already emailed DiMarzio after I heard they had forgotten to ship out the pickup. Their answer was "Sorry, was a mistake. Give them another try" type of thing. Fine, but holy! This is getting ridiculous. My friend just emailed me saying he had ordered DiMarzio strap locks and it took him a couple of months to get them. Seymour Duncans are looking better and better!

Thanks again!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update on issue:

The local store called, and it turns out the distributor did not have the pickup in stock and it will take another 2 weeks to get it. I cancelled the order, will get a SD Little'59 in 3-4 days from the SD distributor. It's a shame really, I love all the Dimarzio's I have, but if the service of the distributor is as bad as that, why would I sit and wait when I can get something similar and not have to wait an extra 7 weeks to get it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, I can't wait to try it! Should get it next week, hopefully. If I love it, I'll be looking for SDs for my RG321, probably a 59 in neck and a Custom 5 in bridge

·
Registered
482 Posts
earlier this year i think it was musicians friend started shipping dimarzio to canada
but i only ordered one from the local music store and it got in, took a couple weeks but thats because i live in nwt, which is like nowhere

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
earlier this year i think it was musicians friend started shipping dimarzio to canada
but i only ordered one from the local music store and it got in, took a couple weeks but thats because i live in nwt, which is like nowhere
Yeah, the distributor is in Vancouver, so it should be 5 to 10 business days, anywhere in Canada. If they have it in stock, and if they ship it (both were not done in my case).

I just hope I don't have the same problem with my Little 59 that's coming. I assume I'll get it on Tuesday/Wednesday (due to the holiday)

·
Registered
383 Posts
I'm a DiMarzio dealer here on the west coast. I deal with Wes-Can all the time. I've been in their shop, they have MORE DiMarzio product than you can shake a stick at. I may have snagged that Pro Track before your local guy could place his order...

The western Rep, Ray is a good guy who is very busy, but he takes time to deliver pickups to me in person when he can, and now that they have fixed the lop-sided pricing, living with them is much easier.

That said, if they have it in stock I usually see it next day, 2 max. If they don't, it's 4 weeks from the factory.

Erikson, on the other hand, I've been having delayed Duncan issues... grr...

Hit me up if you need anything. I keep a decent stock on hand usually too.

www.lockwireguitars.com

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm a DiMarzio dealer here on the west coast. I deal with Wes-Can all the time. I've been in their shop, they have MORE DiMarzio product than you can shake a stick at. I may have snagged that Pro Track before your local guy could place his order...

The western Rep, Ray is a good guy who is very busy, but he takes time to deliver pickups to me in person when he can, and now that they have fixed the lop-sided pricing, living with them is much easier.

That said, if they have it in stock I usually see it next day, 2 max. If they don't, it's 4 weeks from the factory.

Erikson, on the other hand, I've been having delayed Duncan issues... grr...

Hit me up if you need anything. I keep a decent stock on hand usually too.

www.lockwireguitars.com
Thanks, I will keep that in mind. I will see what I think of my Duncan before deciding which kind of pickups will be my next purchase. I am really disappointed at the service I received. And from looking at posts on jemsite.com and on dimarzioforum.com, I see I am not the only one to experience this.

And I can see how the rep his busy. However:

1.He said he had it in stock and would ship it, wasn't ship
2.Said he would ship it again, still had it in stock (3 weeks after)
3.2 more weeks after, turns out, they did not have it in stock and it would take another 2 weeks

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Update:

I called the music store today, and the Lil59 has arrived. That was ordered on Wednesday, and with the Monday holiday, it arrive today. So that's 3 business days.

I must say, I am really impressed! (and can't wait to put that sucker in!)

·
Registered
122 Posts
I ran into the same problem,,,, I had a store that will remain nameless order me a DiMarzio DP211/DP212 EJ Custom F-Spaced Pickup,I was told it would be in in 7 - 10 days,,I called the store and the guy said another week, well 3weeks passed and nothing...... so I ordered it through Musicians Friend,, I got it in 6 days plus it was less expensive. I took my guitar and the new pup to a different store,,,,, they installed on the spot and later that night I was fumbling around trying to play Cliffs of Dover.... the guitar sounds great with the new pup.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Same thing happened when i Ordered my Ibanez RG1570. Didnt ship it out at first, then shipped to the wrong store, guitar got STOLEN! New Dealer found, shipped the Wrong guitar, then Finally Arrived around a Month after ordering, when i was told to wait around a week.

Im Going to be ordering DiMarzio's soon, and i hope to use a place like musicians Friend just incase.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I ran into the same problem,,,, I had a store that will remain nameless order me a DiMarzio DP211/DP212 EJ Custom F-Spaced Pickup,I was told it would be in in 7 - 10 days,,I called the store and the guy said another week, well 3weeks passed and nothing...... so I ordered it through Musicians Friend,, I got it in 6 days plus it was less expensive. I took my guitar and the new pup to a different store,,,,, they installed on the spot and later that night I was fumbling around trying to play Cliffs of Dover.... the guitar sounds great with the new pup.
It's amazing all these stories I hear (here, dimarzioforum.com, and in person from people around here). I know it's the distributors fault, but it doesn't make Dimarzio look good. I hope they fix this as soon as possible

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Same thing happened when i Ordered my Ibanez RG1570. Didnt ship it out at first, then shipped to the wrong store, guitar got STOLEN! New Dealer found, shipped the Wrong guitar, then Finally Arrived around a Month after ordering, when i was told to wait around a week.

Im Going to be ordering DiMarzio's soon, and i hope to use a place like musicians Friend just incase.
I heard that from other people who ordered Ibanez as well from Canada. The 2 I bought (JEM7VWH and RG321MH) were both in store purchases

·
Registered
21 Posts
This doesn't make me feel any better now... been trying to get some DiMarzio's. After 3 weeks of trying to figure out what pickups I want now I am having troubles getting them. Went to MF and they only ship UPS. Went to WWBW and the checkout said USPS... great! Get my tracking number and its not a USPS tracking number... its UPS... order cancelled and there trying to stop shipment... but now still no pickups :(

e bay sellers cant ship to canada on DiMarzio products... local store is much more expensive on them.... blah...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.