Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning folks! Yet another random guy who bought used Dimarzio Pickups and now isn't sure if they are real. Sorry, I was really holding back so as not to bother you guys with this... But my friends couldn't help and I'm really in trouble since I've bought this without boxes or anything and there are some suspicious scratches on its back.
You guys have an idea if those are fake?

Attachments

·
Registered
238 Posts
Don’t seem to be , what did you pay
That’s a decent indicator

Pickups aren’t really a “scam” business (aside from the nonsense brands of independent pop up companies since 2010 on SSO, actually there was a thread where a member went on about thinking the “amazing pickups” no one heard of yet were desirable beyond understanding, and the amount of pickup reviews seemed fake and hype , that thread Was deleted and the member banned lol)

the ONLY independent pickups worth a damn are lundgren (and if lace is still around, that’s about it)

aside from that Fishman and Dimarzio and SD and Emg Are the only legit brands I would endorse - don’t buy the hype of any special pickups as the only special pickups since Les Paul made them and Emg improved them is Fishman Fluence - period

again, how much did you pay for that?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you very much for the help. I was really insecure when I wrote this post, but now I feel like I've made the right choice. Thanks.

·
Registered
101 Posts
the ONLY independent pickups worth a damn are lundgren (and if lace is still around, that’s about it)

aside from that Fishman and Dimarzio and SD and Emg Are the only legit brands I would endorse - don’t buy the hype of any special pickups as the only special pickups since Les Paul made them and Emg improved them is Fishman Fluence - period
I'm assuming you haven't tried Bare Knuckle Pickups...otherwise they'd probably be on your list ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Contacted Dimarzio and they said:
"We cannot identify the pickup from the photos alone. We also cannot be certain it is actually one of our pickups. The coils, polepieces, cover and magnet appear to be ours, but the baseplate was not made by us. We cannot be certain the coils were not modified without seeing the pickup directly. If the coils were not modified, we might be able to identify the pickup if you can measure the DC resistance of the 2 coils."
Do you guys think I should measure the DC resistance?
I think I'm going to request a Luthier to install it already. I'm thirsty for a conclusion.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts