Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have an ibanez js but I like the sound of the dimarzio crusier that andy timmons at100 have. But the problem is that the dimarzio crusier is a single coil type and my guitat only have two humbuckers. I need to know wich neck pickup is similar to the crusier in a humbucker type. I dont care which brand. Hope someone answer

·
Registered
26 Posts
Why don't you just change the pickguard and put in a single coil SSH type configuration. If your guitar didn't come with a pickguard you can buy humbucker to single coil adapters that would work too. I don't think the Humbucker from Hell is going to sound anything like a cruiser at all. Spec's are entirely different. Way different outputs. 143mV's for the Cruiser vs. 226mV for the HFH. If you're looking for a single-coil voiced humbucker, the Cruiser is it. I put two in my RG, and it didn't have a pickguard and came with a HSH configuration so I just had a pickguard made for it. It's my poor-mans' AT100! It sounds and plays awesome by the way.

·
Banned
9,291 Posts
Why don't you just change the pickguard and put in a single coil SSH type configuration. If your guitar didn't come with a pickguard you can buy humbucker to single coil adapters that would work too. I don't think the Humbucker from Hell is going to sound anything like a cruiser at all. Spec's are entirely different. Way different outputs. 143mV's for the Cruiser vs. 226mV for the HFH. If you're looking for a single-coil voiced humbucker, the Cruiser is it. I put two in my RG, and it didn't have a pickguard and came with a HSH configuration so I just had a pickguard made for it. It's my poor-mans' AT100! It sounds and plays awesome by the way.
Maybe because JS series don't have pickguards ;)
However, a humbucker adapter ring can be used...

·
Registered
26 Posts
My RG didn't have a pickguard either. I had one made for it. Worked like a charm and I like the guitar 10 times more now. I looks better too IMHO!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts