Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i have some spare cash that i stumbled onto and was wondering what sort of investment it takes in becoming a dimarzio dealer . I have a pretty fair idea of what cost is on the pickups so if anyone could give me a Minimum order cost or a figure I'd know what i was going to be able to work with .

thanks
jordan

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I sort of knew that. My moms got a store , it is sort of an antiques and furnture store but i do like to buy old guitars and try to refinish them and work on new guitars . I Was thinkning i could use that as my store front since she already has a tax number and the physical location. If i could get enough cash going i could find my own little shop to open up and get licensed with a few other brands .

is there anything much else i need to know, or have to become a dealer?

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Probably will have to be a music store. I have an OEM dealership because I use them in the Leviathan's. But if you want to be a retailer you HAVE to have an actual store. Doubt it would fly if you tried to sell them in an antique shop. As an OEM dealer I cannot resell, they can ONLY go into the guitars I manufacture.

·
Registered
9,952 Posts
littlegreenman said:
Probably will have to be a music store. I have an OEM dealership because I use them in the Leviathan's. But if you want to be a retailer you HAVE to have an actual store. Doubt it would fly if you tried to sell them in an antique shop. As an OEM dealer I cannot resell, they can ONLY go into the guitars I manufacture.
Dimarzio are pretty strict with their selling of pickups. I remember when I had my EB/MM replöica made I really wanted the pickups they use in the EB/MM guitars but that wasn't possible because they are manufactured specifically for EB/MM.

Regards

André

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well i have yet to reach dimarzio but have talked with a few other dealers that sell guitars pickups and all the normal stuff and i think i am just going to save up and open up my own shop and carry just guitars and the usual picks and strings .

I have talked to couple of dean guitar dealers and i want to talk to some jackson and ESP dealers because neither of those guitars are sold anywhere near me . I think the closest shop that carries any of those is 130 miles away. So i am pretty sure that if i picked any of those to sell starting out with i'd do well .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.