Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So a friend of mine brought his Prestige over tonight, that he had the Evolution Bridge and Neck pickups put in at a Guitar Center a few weeks back. He was not crazy about them, and was debating on changing them out. So I told him I had set of Breed's that we could throw in and see what he thought of those. Anyway....removed the bridge pickup first....OR...what I thought was going to be the bridge pickup, when I turned the pickup over it read...158 on the bottom.....which is actually the Evolution Neck pickup. In then removing, what should have been the Neck pickup, it read 159 on the bottom, which is actually the Evolution Bridge pickup. Now my first thought is....F-Up...but wanted to ask first if there would have been a reason, other than an F-up that they would have reversed the installation?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Sounds like your classic F-up. Some people like pickups made for the neck in the bridge position and etc but this just sounds like a mistake.

·
Banned
5,010 Posts
There are no big differences between a bridge and a neck evolution.
Well nobody can tell if people are using a bridge model in bridge or neck position.
Only changing their positions will never make them sound bad,only with a small different equalization.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well nobody can tell if people are using a bridge model in bridge or neck position.
Only changing their positions will never make them sound bad,only with a small different equalization.
and they did not sound badly, was just not what he was looking for, was just curious if there would have been any logical reason that they may have done this. I guess if they wired the switch up backwards too...? maybe??

·
Registered
450 Posts
Yeah, likely just a screw up on guitar centers part. You can't blame them.. most of their employees know absolutely nothing about guitars, let alone how to perform guitar related work. They probably assumed because they were both evolution's, it didn't matter what position they went In. At least with most other Dimarzio's the pickups are universal and are compatible in either position.

Try swapping them back to their respective position's and see what your friend thinks. I personally would take the breeds over the Evo's.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Wrong Wrong Wrong! there is a big difference in an Evolution bridge and Neck model......thank you that is all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts