Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
i put an evo in a home made strat, it sounded good.

I'd think that putting a dimarzio in a strat wouldn't be any different then having one in any other guitar

look at the norton as well, get a dpdt switch for one of the extra tone pots and wire the norton up for dual sound . You can get great versatility with being able to go in series and parallel.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yeah, I've done it except not H/H or H/S/H ~ I converted my S/S/S strat to a H/S/S strat and used DiMarzio pickups. Chopper (hum-cancelling single) in the Neck, Fast Track (hum-cancelling single) in the Middle and the Tone Zone in the Bridge, and I am very very pleased with the outcome. It really brings the life out of my strat and the tone is amazing. I didn't like my original Tone Zone in mahogany body so I transfered it into my strat (alder body) and it sounds amazing. It drives nicely and gives a nice balanced thick tone. The Chopper sounds very warm with great cleans and makes a nice neck pickup, and sounds very much like the Air Norton.

Here's a post with some pics, unfortuneately I can't post clips up as I still can't get my XT Pro to work with adobe audition! =(

http://www.jemsite.com/forums/showpost.php?p=371121&postcount=18

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
how's the output ballence Acid?

What I'm really Looking for is a total satriani flavour in my strat, and seing as how the pickups in there are fairly hot to begin with, I feel going to the medium output Fred and Joe, will sound interesting.

I had an invader in the bridge previously, and the strat didn't like the heavy gain of it much, even with 250K pots. Now I'm subscribing to the Low Gain Input, High gain Output at amp school of thought as followed by Yngwie and Satch.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
The Fred and Joe are basically just hot-rodded versions of the Paf Pro. Satriani uses all three, but uses a Fred in the bridge position. The Paf Pro is warmer and has less output than the Fred though, but works really well for both rythm and lead.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.