Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, i am happy that i found a site to upload stuff to so i thought i would be helpful as well. This entire clips was recorded using a norton in the bridge position of an ibanez rg570 .

the norton is basically a tone zone with the bass tightened up, you can dissagree all you like with my description but that is how steve at dimarzio described it and that is what it sounds like to me.

enjoy

http://www.podsafeaudio.com/jamroom/play.php?band_id=562&song_id=1921&mode=song_hifi

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was just screwing around . I know it sucks because my recording gear sucks, the drums dont have fills or fades, niether does the recording software. Editing is extermly limited.

I just posted it because i was soo happy i found a site to upload music to, and i used the norton for the hole song, so i thought anyone looking into the norton could use the clip to put the pickup in prespective.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I would agree that the Norton is a Tone Zone with tightened up bass, but I will take it one step further and say that the bass volume is also lower. That drop in bass really exposes ALL the mids hidden in the Tone Zone. There they are, BAM..... After awhile that mid spike really kind of annoyed me. I was also used to better defined chords.

Overall though, the Norton is a wickeda$$ed lead pickup. It's going in my next basswood ride.

Not really related to the thread, but someone wanting to A/B the pickups might come along.

Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.