Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Soon this ibanez rg2EX1 is in my hand.. I want going to change the pups right after they arrive here. do i need pups with f-space? or just those regular ones? thanks! - Also which pups is suitable for Paul Gilbert sounds? from his mr.big sounds to racer x sounds?

image courtesy of cape-amps*

·
Registered
804 Posts
F spaced for Ibanez guitars...
you can get great Paul Gilbert tones with ToneZone bridge
and Paf Pro or Humbucker From hell neck.

Old Racer X was done with 2 Super Distortions wired in parallel

·
Registered
291 Posts
I have the exact same guitar with an F-Spaced Super Distortion in the bridge and a non-F Spaced Tone Zone in the neck. Works just fine, sounds great. It's overall balanced overall (though, for some odd reason, the bridge pickup is louder with cleans, and the neck pickup is louder with distortion, which works out just fine for me because my solo patches on my POD are usually quieter, and I solo on my neck pickup, so it balances it out perfectly).

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So i need an F-Spaced for this guitar? Im thinkin getting Tonezone(b) Pafpro(neck), Breed neck(b) pafpro(n) or Pafpro(b) Pafpro(n)? What do you think?

·
Premium Member
9,592 Posts
Either one will work fine, you wont notice a sound difference, F spaced just lines to screws up with your E strings better for looks. I dont believe neck pickups come F spaced.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea, thats what i thought white color! So i should just get the F-spaced for bridge? and just regular for neck? Also one more question, where is the good online store to buy those white pups? MF? or M123? - those two store is the only store who ship here in canada.. i wish GC can ship too.. :( GC kicks all canadian store! haha.. sorry canada!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
MF or M123?. the shipping in m123 is way cheaper that MF.. but the thing is there is no stock in M123.. and MF have em' haha

1 - 10 of 10 Posts