Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Asked and answered, I'm sure, many times but is there a common comparison? Maybe it's just me but all the search engines seem to suck.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I understand this is (or was) an oem neck pickup for Vigier but never having owned or played one, I was hoping someone might have some experience or info. PAF Pro is probably the most similar to the V51 but if someone can elaborate on this mystery pup, I'd appreciate the info.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
you can email or call dimarzio to get more information. They are really great people, and if they can give you any info, they are happy to do so.

I have never had any experience with the pickup you have. there are/were a number of PAF pro like OEM models made so it is a possibility that it may be. Do you know the DC resistance? It might at least eliminate other pickups and let you try and figure out something based on what you are hearing from your pickup versus what you hear in reviews and clips on youtube .

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do not have the pickup. I was attempting to glean some info on this pup before pulling the trigger.
I have bothered DiMarzio over the past 35-40 years with the occasional question and I've come to the opinion that when you inquire about certain oems, they're pretty generous with the vague answer.

i

1 - 4 of 4 Posts