Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all of you!

About 13 years ago i bought a Jem body and dropped it into a bucket of paint to get a DNA paint style. It has been laying in a case since then but now i finally have time to finish it up. Only issue is, now i have time and money, Dimarzio doesn't seem to be able to actually produce any replacement pickups?

In Europe i can't seem to find them anywhere. Thomann, Ebay, no success anywhere. I can order Evo's or Breed pickups in black, but i will have to wait for 5 to 10 weeks and hope they will actually arrive. They are also only available in black, not green/black as they should be.

Do you guys have any tips? Just order black ones and put a green sticker on them?
And which are better? The original JEM2KDNA had Breed pickups but Evo's are fine aswell. As long as i can get close to Steve Vai's style.

Wood type: I am not sure but i think it's Alder.
What do i play: Each guitar i own i do different stuff with. This one is gonna be for Vai style stuff. Flamboyant and fun.

So please if anyone has any advice on how to get the right ones with the right color it would be great!
Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
560 Posts
You can order them in different colours, find a dealer and order the colours you want. You can see the available options on the Dimarzio website, I also have a red cover for the single coil to match a DNA setup if I want.

Automotive lighting Green Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bumper

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can order them in different colours, find a dealer and order the colours you want. You can see the available options on the Dimarzio website, I also have a red cover for the single coil to match a DNA setup if I want.

View attachment 18792
The Evolution pickups however only have a Black/Green configuration, not a Green/Black one on the Dimarzio website.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Order from banjomikez on ebay or reverb.

We can get just about anything in any color in about 2 weeks or so here in the states.

Mike should beable to get them in the same time. Add shipping to your country, plus duties and you should see something in 3 or 4 weeks.

The problem is not dimarzio, its the importers or shippers causing your issues.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.