Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys quick question! I'll shortly be getting an RG350DX with the HSH config. What pu's would be best for playing hard instrumental rock/metal? I not sure if I'll convert to HH or just leave as HSH. I was thinking about a Dimarzio setup. Please help. Thanks in advance! :D

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Well if you want to play rock and metal then personally I'd go with some EMGs. But if you're sticking with passives then maybe a Tone Zone for the bridge and an Air Norton or a PAF Pro for the neck. A blue velvet for the middle pickup will work quite well, or you can just disconnect the middle pickup and wire the guitar the same as other RGs with an H-H pickup config and a 5-way switch.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for the info! I was thinking about a PAF Pro in the neck, HS-2 in the middle and a Breed in the bridge to clean things up a bit. I'll stick with Dimarzio's. I have thought of EMG's but there not quite what I am looking for. The HS-2™ works in H-S-H combinations, recommended with PAF Pro®, Fred®, Air Classic™ and Humbucker From Hell® in neck and bridge positions. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
the edge 3 isn't too bad, alot better than the lo-trs or whatever they use to put on them.

The tone zone is a solid choice, the breed i have never played so i can't say much, though i did think about getting one.

The air norton is a pertty cool neck pickup, i personally didn't like the paf pro much though.

hope you get what you are looking for.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jra2217 said:
the edge 3 isn't too bad, alot better than the lo-trs or whatever they use to put on them.

The tone zone is a solid choice, the breed i have never played so i can't say much, though i did think about getting one.

The air norton is a pertty cool neck pickup, i personally didn't like the paf pro much though.

hope you get what you are looking for.
Thanks! :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts