Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never understood this.

All (AFAIK) rear-routed Ibanez RG Prestige guitars have pickups directly mounted to the wood.

Many Ibanez 6-string S series Prestige guitars use those ugly af pickup mounting rings. However, the 7 strings do not. Sometimes, the 6 strings will or will not have them.

What is the deal with this? One of things that has stopped me from buying a 6 string S Prestige is the presence of those pickup rings. I'm not seeing a reason that the RG Prestiges can do away with them but the S guitars can't.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Pickup rings are just easy to adjust, dont limit you to specific pickup types and most people dont really find offense to them. Plenty of sabers have body mounted pickups though.... hate to say it, but if you dont like em, dont buy em?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Believe me, I'm not buying them. I don't have to consider buying one to comment on it. It's like looking at a supermodel who is missing his/her front teeth. More importantly, it makes no sense that they have it on one line and not the other

·
Registered
437 Posts
Believe me, I'm not buying them. I don't have to consider buying one to comment on it. It's like looking at a supermodel who is missing his/her front teeth. More importantly, it makes no sense that they have it on one line and not the other
Youre not listening, theres plenty of both types. Your analogy is... weird. Its a "supermodel wearing a t shirt color you dont like", but plenty of examples of sabers without pickup rings. Plenty of examples of RG's WITH pickup rings; Im not really why youre pigeon holing an entire lineup based on ... what you looking at 2 guitars? Im not trying to be rude, but as I said earlier, theres plenty of examples of both dude...

·
Registered
282 Posts
To each their own. I'm the opposite, I don't care for guitars without mounting rings. Something about seeing the mounting tabs on the pickup to me makes the guitar look unfinished. Luckily Ibanez offers may models with and without mount rings so you can choose what you like best. The cleanest pickup mounting type I've ever seen is on the Parker Fly. No pickup rings and no mounting tabs showing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts