Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to direct mount my pickups, I've tried and tried and I just cant figure out how I'm going to do this, the planning is killing me. I drilled holes in the body for the screws to go in(they fit perfect), and put about 1/4" piece of foam underneath(just rough estimate), I am using the screws that came with my DiMarzio's. What should I do? BTW, I'm not giving up. If anyone has done this successfully before, please lend some useful information! Thanks.

·
Registered
355 Posts
you should use short wood screws with a spring so that it pushes the pickup up. i guess the foam will do the same thing....

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea i guess the screws are too long..

Well Ayrton, i'm having trouble going through with this procedure and was looking for someone who has more info on how to do it, maybe explain how they did it and what materials they used.

·
Super Moderator
4,212 Posts
Yea i guess the screws are too long..

Well Ayrton, i'm having trouble going through with this procedure and was looking for someone who has more info on how to do it, maybe explain how they did it and what materials they used.
So the problem is the screws are too long, correct?

You can either use shorter screws or cut down the ones you have. Should you decide to cut the long screws, you will need to file or grind a new point on them.

·
Registered
355 Posts
are the screws the long ones that dimarzio supplies? if so, they are machine screws. you will need wood screws, so dont bother cuttin em down if they are indeed fine thread machine screws...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, so i need wood screws...also i was having trouble loading the spring when trying to mount the pickup, any help on this?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok thanks for all the replies, i'm gonna try some surgical tubing and wood screws and just have at it, thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts