Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone.

I just bought a RG520QS. It comes with V8 and V7 pickups which are ok, but I know I'll change. Probably to a Dimarzio SD in the bridge and an Air Norton in the neck or maybe try something different like a blues bucker... The gutiar currently has bezels, but I am thinking it would look better without them.
How hard is it to mount the pickups directly? What do you screw them in with ? How do you adjust the height?
Thanks.. I couldn't really find anything good online the last time I looked. So, everyone here seems to be in the know..

Thanks

·
Registered
9,335 Posts
Well the issue is that you're going to have screw holes showing on the body once you remove the pickup rings.

In saying that, mounting is simple. Get some wood screws that are small enough to fit through the pickup mounting holes, and use some foam under the pickups to give resistance to hold and adjust the pickups to your desired height. The foam from the boxes that pickups typically come in can work, as can something as simple as some adhesive weather stripping that you'd apply to door frames, etc.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you kind sir. Never even thought about the holes.. So I guess I'll leave it alone.
Thanks again..

Well the issue is that you're going to have screw holes showing on the body once you remove the pickup rings.

In saying that, mounting is simple. Get some wood screws that are small enough to fit through the pickup mounting holes, and use some foam under the pickups to give resistance to hold and adjust the pickups to your desired height. The foam from the boxes that pickups typically come in can work, as can something as simple as some adhesive weather stripping that you'd apply to door frames, etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts