Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
I'm excited by it. I see lots of hate on it on the Internets but I'd like to see what they come up with before passing judgment.
First off, the last movies were questionable to most but their critical flaw was that you knew how the story ended. A sequel trilogy can go anywhere.
They need to keep the cutesy elements out; Jar-Jar, Ewoks, etc. They grated on a lot of people. Disney being the owners I'm not sure how that will go. Sure they did an awesome job with "The Avengers" but I'm sure they'd like a cute plush they can sell in the parks too.
Lastly someone else needs to direct. I like Lucas' older films but the prequel trilogy could have been done much better. If Lucas is only a producer (and isn't allowed to write either) you could see good things.
Anyway that's y $0.02.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm with you here. I'm absolutely thrilled about future Episodes. I liked the story and characters better in 4,5, and 6, but visually the prequels were better obviously due to technology. The cutesy characters never bothered me much, but I agree they served no purpose.

I'd like to see Avatar - like visual appeal, more Coruscant. I simply can't get enough of the huge city scape like Sci Fi stuff. Disney has the opportunity and capital to make something amazing. They are also under intense pressure, but seeing how they have all of the feedback from the last 30 years, it's pretty easy to see what people DON'T want to see..

·
Registered
2,150 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Keep Kristen Stewart as far away as possible.
Quoted for truth! :)

Seriously, if there is even remotely any talk of Jedi's sparkling in this new trilogy I'm boycotting. I'm actually having a lot of faith in that Disney understands the responsibility they have been handed with this franchise. I think its actually a good thing going in a completely brand new direction. I'd be totally content with them going light years ahead and starting from complete scratch. Maybe long long after Luke Skywalker has been long gone. With all the comics and novels etc... that have been written that affect the timeline after the original trilogy it might be hard to shoehorn something completely unique and original that fits within those parameters. I think if they think outside of the box and do start over it would be best to jump ridiculously ahead and seperate themselves instead of trying to fit it in somehow to whats already in existance. That would give them complete freedom to be creative and do whatever. Obviously a few reference points would be completely appropiate. Maybe a character having a flashback through the force or a historical holographic recording in a muesuem full of young jedi apprentices for cameo appearance opportunities. That would give them a way to tie in the new and give a respectful nod to the previous crop of movies/novels etc...

Just my 2 cents on it.

Finally, for all these fanboys screaming and yelling about boycotting etc.... I suspect it will be those very same folks in full costume waiting in line for hours for the new movie on opening night. They are all FOS and they know it.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Finally, for all these fanboys screaming and yelling about boycotting etc.... I suspect it will be those very same folks in full costume waiting in line for hours for the new movie on opening night. They are all FOS and they know it.
This, also, is the truth.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I really think they should just go lightspeed years ahead in the timeline and leave the characters of Han, Leia, Luke etc... in the dust and start from scratch.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts