Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking for a brutal death metal sounding dist. pedal that can also do lead.
Right now the choice is between Metal Master,TL-2 Metal Distortion, and Metal Muff with top boost. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
9,310 Posts
Check out the Blackstar pedals. I think the Dist-X (I think that's the name) would be a nice high gain distortion pedal. Valve powered too.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I would be very carefull with the fullbore metal. Check out gearmanndudes vid of that pedal on youtube. Sounds like a sterile pile of crap. Turned his Dr Z into a Peavey bandit lol

·
Registered
58 Posts
I was in the same exact boat you were in. I've listened to every dist. pedal out there, over like 24 of them and out of them all it came down to these:
Vox Bulldog Distortion
Damage control solid metal
Zvex box of metal
Protone body rot II
Mi Audio tube zone
Seymour duncan Metal Mayhem
Visual Sound jekyll and Hyde
AMT Electronics Mattias Eklundh Freak Guitar Dual Drive Distortion Pedal
The best one hands down is the AMT ELectronics Mattias Eklundh pedal but its the most expensive($350 USD) and I wasnt willing to purchase a pedal that costs half the price of a decent guitar. So I bought the "Metal Mayhem" along with "MXR 10 bang EQ" I havent heard a better sounding distortion yet.
But I run everything out of a tube amp, so I kinda was specifically looking for a tube dist/overdrive pedal
visual sound, Zvex and Vox are still one of my favorites tho. but if your on a budget then the fullbore or metal muff, cant go wrong. well you can but best bang for your buck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts