Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just watched Fallout boy on VH1 and started to wonder why chicago bands have to suck.
Disturbed is boring, Chevelle is lame, Fall out boy is just god-awful. I'm sure there are other bands that would back my theory, but for now I need answers.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
elcid said:
I just watched Fallout boy on VH1 and started to wonder why chicago bands have to suck.
Disturbed is boring, Chevelle is lame, Fall out boy is just god-awful. I'm sure there are other bands that would back my theory, but for now I need answers.
I bet that you if you say that about Fall Out Boy on MTV's TRL, you'll be kicked out of the building in a matter of seconds. ;)

·
Registered
323 Posts
elcid said:
I'll remember that incase I ever get stuck in MTV studios and can't find my way out. :)
Who cares if theres freedom of speech they can lick me ballas, besides they are most guilty for much of the crap we hear in todays music. Boy wonder were musicianship was left off at? 1980 any1?

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
I don't know what Fallout Boy is, but if they were on MTV and had to get their name from a popular Simpson's reference, they can't be too great.

There are some great bands in the Chicago area, just none of the good ones become famous. Styx comes to mind.

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
Chicago is known for having some GREAT blues.....I agree with Disturbed and Chevelle, etc. Not the best bands out there. But I love Chicago style blues.;)

Actually, I've always like Smashing Pumpkins (1991-1995 era) and they are from North Chicago. :)

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Being from Chicago I'm not sure what to say to this other than, it's not just Chicago, it's everywhere! all music sux today except for underground stuff or imported stuff.

I don't hit the clubs like i used to since it sux everywhere and it's a waste of time unless you get lucky and find good talent (rare, anywhere, and underground.)

However, I wouldn't want to trade Chicago's blues clubs or jazz clubs for anywhere though. What does florida have? Missouri? Indiana? no offense to these states....there are many others. I hate mainstream "flavor of the month BS" myself and for that reason i never liked, and rather, HATED smashing pumpkins....talentless....sorry, and most stuff on the radio. i haven't turned my radio on since the late 80's. i'm not stuck in the 80's, that's just when there was talent. hey, i was never a hair metal fan either really.....just raw metal or virtuosos.

give me some swedish or norwegian metal neoshred band, or great jazz or blues or mozart, and i'm very happy.

·
Premium Member
9,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sure lots of music today sucks, but the Chicago stuff hits closer to home for me, I don;t care what sucks comming out of LA, NY, or whatever because I have no LA, NY etc. pride

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.