Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry I'm a total noob here, but I have recently had a problem with my 2002 RGT42. It didn't used to be like this, but now when I dive or pull up on the LO-TRS II it will rest either too flat if I dive or too sharp if I pull up. I did some reading online and I believe the knife edges have probably gotten too dull. If I am to replace the bridge would it be possible to go with an OFR? What would be the best solution?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
sounds more like the trem posts are wobbling and have created a bit of a dent in the trem anchor holes.

could be the knife edges though too. have a look at em.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure if this changes anything but when I move the trem around I don't see any movement from the posts. The posts appear to be securely in place. What happens is when I pull up the trem returns not to the zero position, but angled backwards a bit, and when I dive, the trem returns angled slightly forward.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I don't believe this has locking studs. I took the tremolo out and the treble side stud wobbles very slightly and is very easy to turn with my hand. The bass side stud does not wobble at all and is difficult to turn without using a tool. I have to use pliers to turn it because it is too stripped to use the allen wrench. There is a small dent on the bass side knife edge from contact with the post as well. The posts do look pretty worn and I think replacing them might help a lot. Also, I tried the chapstick thing but it didn't help.

·
Registered
54 Posts
One tip form a user on here was to use plumbers tape on a wobbly stud. It worked perfectly in my case.

If the top is stripped where it houses the allen key it's probably worth investing in a new pair.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts