Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I have one Ibanez RGT42 With Dimarzio Liquifire and CrunchLab, One LTD 103QM with Evo2 and Chopper.

Now the question is do i need a PRS SE Custom 24? I have seen the price has been dropped and the guitar looks pretty good. I haven't had any guitar which is non Floyd Rose.

Really stuck here. Am i gonna get any new (sound)thing out of this buying?

Cheers

·
Premium Member
11,482 Posts
non-trem is a no brainer, even if the RGT didn't have a harsh tone.... i can only imagine that with EVO2! If you want real versatility/change get a strat or a telecaster-like guitar. If you want similar but more versatile like the PRS i'd get the 22-fret model without a doubt. You can probably also find some nice Ibanez Artists also (used MIJ or newer made wherever). Artist would be my choice, love those... glen

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I own a PRS Paul Allender and love it to death. PRS is discontinuing their SE Custom line along with some of their other guitars from their Korean factory. If you want to grab a lower model PRS that has the wide-thin neck profile (very very comfortable and great for all out playing and shredding) now would be a good time to add one to your collection.

Sound-wise, they do have about 85-90% of the tone of their thicker bodied, carved top American made bretheren, but isn't quite the same. Like I said, I love my Paul Allender, and it was $2000 cheaper than a CE. I've been thinking about grabbing up an SE while prices are good too since they are discontinued! They are worthwhile buys if you have a good amp and can hear the tone difference.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Finally some posts!! I am gonna get me a new amp my friends. I figured out thats what gonna give me some new tone.

Cheers:mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
The P.R.S is a great guitar , but it has a uniqe sound that is not for everyone.I would try it first at guitar center.They are super comfortable to play , but not that versatile, like an Ibanez.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts