Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It鈥檇 be a 35th anniversary the only problem I see here is that made in Japan Jems are no longer

So will they release a MIJ jem for the anniversary or do some PIA nonsense 馃ぃ

What if they come out with anniversary premium jem, but unlikely

I don鈥檛 see what else they can invent at this point. They鈥檙e running out of ideas. The evos and other Vai jems are out. The older jems as well. What鈥檚 next

Only way they gon make rea money if the reissue the DNAs

Registered
It doesn鈥檛 really matter to me, as I won鈥檛 have the cash to buy it.:poop: I finally have my Premium Jem dialed in. Maybe they could do a Jem jr SP in green as a limited edition. If not, well I still don鈥檛 have a Pink one.

Super Moderator
Yeah, it鈥檚 hard to do a celebratory, anniversary model of a guitar that effectively been replaced ;)

I鈥檇 be interested like I have been through all the various anniversaries, but the last one that I really liked was the DNA and my tastes and Steve鈥檚 have diverged recently, so it鈥檚 not an automatic order for me, I鈥檇 have to wait and see...

Registered
So will they release a MIJ jem for the anniversary or do some PIA nonsense 馃ぃ
When it comes to PIA, I have to say that I have played many guitars during last 36 years, but the PIA is the best guitar I have ever laid my hands on. It really is that good. Some people don't like the looks. Too bad. They would like the playability, quality and the sound though...

There are others, who share my view. I'm quoting guitar interactive magazine here:

"This is the best guitar I've ever played.

I have never uttered those words in a review before, whether during the hundreds of guitars I've reviewed for UK dealers, or even my very own Ibanez AZ prototype that I assisted in the design of."

Full story:

You might call it "nonsense" - and you are entitled to have opinions, sure - but have you even seen it live, let alone played it? I doubt it.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm sure it must play awesome, i just don't like the looks lol

I like the magnetic tremolo plate, ive been looking for it but of course no one would sell this

i wonder how difficult it could be to replicate, the problem here is how did they put magnet on the body of the guitar so it fits perfectly around it

it was laser cut or something to exact perfect shape

you could use magnet dots and it may work but it wont look as clean

Registered
If you have a chance, go an try it. It's much better looking live - and if it's set up properly, it's beyond awesome to play.

About those magnetic back plates...in PIA, it is laser cut, so it fits like a glove.
You could use some glue, very thin metal spacers (on a back plate ) and thin magnetic adhesive strips / tape (on the body) to replicate it, but I guess it would still kinda bulge outwards - unless you shave bits off of the back plate.

Anyway, there are magnetic tapes available in various thicknesses, so if you can find one thin enough, you don't need to modify the back plate or the body in any way - or at least not too much:

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you have a chance, go an try it. It's much better looking live - and if it's set up properly, it's beyond awesome to play.

About those magnetic back plates...in PIA, it is laser cut, so it fits like a glove.
You could use some glue, very thin metal spacers (on a back plate ) and thin magnetic adhesive strips / tape (on the body) to replicate it, but I guess it would still kinda bulge outwards - unless you shave bits off of the back plate.

Anyway, there are magnetic tapes available in various thicknesses, so if you can find one thin enough, you don't need to modify the back plate or the body in any way - or at least not too much:

doesnt look as clean i want it laser cut :ROFLMAO: i draw a outline of that body with just a piece of paper, doesnt fit super perfect

Registered
When it comes to PIA, I have to say that I have played many guitars during last 36 years, but the PIA is the best guitar I have ever laid my hands on. It really is that good. Some people don't like the looks. Too bad. They would like the playability, quality and the sound though...

There are others, who share my view. I'm quoting guitar interactive magazine here:

"This is the best guitar I've ever played.

I have never uttered those words in a review before, whether during the hundreds of guitars I've reviewed for UK dealers, or even my very own Ibanez AZ prototype that I assisted in the design of."

Full story:

You might call it "nonsense" - and you are entitled to have opinions, sure - but have you even seen it live, let alone played it? I doubt it.
The PIA is certainly one of the finest instruments I've ever played.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts