Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Dodgy Jem SFG on ebay

863 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  dust 
#1 ·
Hi, I am new to this forum and need help with what I think is a really messed up JEM on ebay. The strings and trem block all appear, from the photos, the be out of alignment, way towards the high e side. I messaged the seller .... its easier to copy/paste

UK ebay number - 291648988888

Me - the body photo on ebay looks like the strings are way out of alignment with the neck, like too far towards the high E side of the fret board.

Seller - That's right, someone has set it up that way. These guitars have to be set up for each player.
The little block which houses the string roller is held in by a screw. The block is tapered in a v which allows, if you slide the block bridgeways, lateral movement before tightening the screw. The trems are fully adjustable in all directions..

Is this correct? I have never seen any guitar where string are adjustable sideways and any schematics drawing I can find for Ibanez trem block do not show any method of sideways adjustment either. Is this guitar f***ed?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.