·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I have a Bugera 333 Infinium head, and run my pedals as follows

Boss TU-2 -Morley Bad horsie - Biyang x Drive - Front of amp

Biyang Aqua chours - Digitech Delay - Behringer noise suppressor - into fx loop

I power my pedals using the Harley Benton power plant, and on the clean channel of my amp it works normally, but as soon as i go on the crunch/lead channels i get a loud horrible sounding Buzz/Hum that even my noise suppressor won't cure.

After this i tested every pedal with the power plant separately and still i got the same noise.

after this i tried all my pedals through the amp with batteries and everything sounded normal, so my first thought was the power plant was faulty.

the other day i decided to buy a plug/daisy chain to replace the power plant, and when it came i wired up all my pedals again, and too my dissapointment the horrible noise was still there! so then i thought it has to be the mains i am running off so i tried different plug sockets all over the house and nothing changed, i even took my gear to my next door neighbors house and still the buzz was there.

I have tried to find out what is causing my problem, but i am just stuck on what to do, i have read up i need an 'isolated' power supply, but i don't want to keep throwing away my money.

I anyone has had similar problems or could help me with my issue i would really appreciate it

Thanks Guys :)

·
Registered
9,304 Posts
Sanyo Pedal Juice. Acts like batteries, but external supply. I use mine with about 6-7 pedals and the charge lasts for one month before I need to charge it again.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys :)

I just want to ask, as i get noise on the dirty channel on my amp, would i be right in saying i need an 'isolated' power supply?

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Make sure your house wiring is properly grounded, too. Almost NONE of the sockets in my 50-year-old house are properly grounded, which makes things MUCH noisier and even possibly dangerous (especially with my 500watt bass amp rig).

But there's a great video demonstration by Taylor guitars about how much noisier your rig is without proper grounding. It never occurred to me that my "noisy" single coil guitar might be quieter if I just used the right wiring setup. But there you are.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts