Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have gotten it pretty well setup but what ever i do to get my floating bridge to hold a better tune when i use the tremolo never seems to help i guess i just dont have the right type of hands and experience to get the tremolo to set up perfectly. so i am curious does any one know any one in the general area of amherst, ma who is very experienced with ibanez guitars and floating bridges who can give my guitar a good setup and get my floating bridge setup so it returns very well? i can go as far as Springfield if i need too. i just want someone good and has experience with my type of guitar. My guitar is an ibanez 1995 rg570ct. so if anyone knows someone near this area who has experienced with alderwood ibanez rg bodies and mainly setting up lo pro edge tremolos with good returns will be very helpful. mine stays in tune and can hold it for months if i dont use the tremolo but thats not fun. but when i use the tremolo for an hour or two depending on how much i use it. it can go any where from 5 to 24 cents out of tune.

thanks.

·
Registered
497 Posts
DIY - change springs first, if strings are 2 month or older change them too. If you have adjusted action height with strings on you probably have spoiled trem studs or trem itself. Also there is very small possibility that your guitar will return to tune after brutal dive bombs etc.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I think you may be a little unrealistic in what constitutes a "stable" set-up. A guitar that stays in tune for an entire set while using the whammy bar is considered very stable. A guitar that stays in tune for months at a time borders on the unnatural. After all, strings stretch with use over time -- it sounds like I change my guitar strings more often than you tune your guitar!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts