Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Likewise the RGT42 (I can't count the number of times I've promoted my guitar on these forums...lol) has most of those features, with the following exceptions: the Edge Pro II is a bit stiff and requires a stud mod to stay in tune better, the finish is black pearl, which is black with flakes in the finish for a sparkly look, and there's only binding on the neck and headstock. But it has H-H figuration, neck-through construction, and 24 frets, if that's your thing.

·
Registered
223 Posts
The old RG2620QM (in saphire blue or brown color) has body binding, but you have to change neck (or modify it). Ibanez makes neck&headstock binding only on neck-through (RGT42, RGT3120, RGT3170) or set neck (like SAS32) guitars or mostly lower end guitars (except RG2570 or RG2550LTD). It is a pity that most of Ibanez lower end guitars look much better than the higher ones (they have neck binding, and the maple-sapelle tops looks much cooler, like RG320QST or RG520QS vs. RG2620QM, or S470DXQM vs. S16xx, or SA160QM and SA260FM vs. SA1260 or SA2020). And most of Ibanez guitars for japanese market have more color options (at least 3, usually 5 compared to common 2 or 1 color option for EU or USA), nicer tops or even FM (flame maple) vs. QM (quilted maple) option (like RG27x0). Somethimes I wish I was born in Japan... near Fugijen... :-D

·
Registered
148 Posts
Phillip said:
But you can try to get japanese market RGT42 with fixed bridge. It has got body, neck and headstock binding, quilted top and it's black!
The Japanese market RGT42 is the exact same as the American market RGT42, or anywhere else in the world, for that matter: it's still made in Korea, there is no body binding, and there is no quilted top. I think the one you're thinking of is long outdated, and I'm pretty sure it had an Edge Pro II. ;p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts