Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My "dream" Ibanez would be a small semi hollow body double cut away with 24 fret WizardII neck, hardtail bridge, and have a Roland GK3 pickup kit installed. I'm stuck on the two octave thin profile neck and don't care for the FR tremolo. I'd consider a Bigsby though.

The RG body is more pointy than I prefer. My favorite body style is the late 70's Artist.

For the time being I'm using my Presitge J-Craft RG1520 Roland ready. I love the neck, and the sound options, but I don't like the piezo triggering for the Roland GR55.

I've got a new SD Trembucker and SD Jazz to put in it, but for what I'm playing the stock PU's will do.

I have considered making a Franken Ib, but I'm unfamiliar with what will interchange.

Anyone have .02 ?

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies! I did find a British "Indie" 24 fret semi hollow PRS McCarty knock off, which was a decent guitar, but the neck was thicker than the RG neck. I only paid $100 for it, but didn't like it enough and sold it to a kid from church.

I'm 90+ miles from the nearest Guitar Center, but I guess I just need to take the time and go there to play as many different Ibanez that they've got and see what I like best.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.