Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im currently doing a restoration project on a RG2120x, hoping to make my favorite guitar shiny all over again. :)
But I have a problem with the rusty and bubbling saddles on the bridge. I guess a normal Lo-Pro Edge could easily be replaced but this particular model has a piezo on each individual saddle. The piezo saddle itself no rust, just the piece holding the string behind it is rusty. I have 2 options to ask if possible-

- replace the rusty piece behind the piezo saddle with a standard one?
- Remove existing cosmo colour then repaint and apply a protective coat above it?

Thats all i could think of and im not sure if its possible though. I tried sending to a nearby tech but he just pretend he didnt hear my problem. Really stump now. Any advice would be great. :(

Pics on attachment.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I wouldn't try to paint it. Paint will not hold up long, even if you clearcoat over it. Powder coating is possible, but can be a problem because it adds thickness. Plating would work well, but is probably not worth the cost. If you don't want to live with it, i'd replace the parts. You can probably get them from Rich.

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
I agree. It's too much of a royal pain in the arse to restore those piezo parts. I'd call Rich if I were you and order new parts from him.

Jimmy:smile:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Im currently doing a restoration project on a RG2120x, hoping to make my favorite guitar shiny all over again. :)
But I have a problem with the rusty and bubbling saddles on the bridge. I guess a normal Lo-Pro Edge could easily be replaced but this particular model has a piezo on each QUOTE]

you may use dremel and re polish the rusty parts on your tremolo if there is no problem with piezzo parts.first find a small grid sand paper(800 grid) and seal with it and then find a rust solution and apply this thing carefully to your rusty parts and them polish with a dremel..

thats the only way to fix it..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts