Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 new 7 projects!
I ordered this 7421 a month and a half ago and never got to me until today due to the Canadian Postal Strike. About a week after I ordered the 7421 I found a Kijiji ad that was titled 'IBANEZ RG 7 STRING 4 SALE $160" There was no pics, and I was almost sure it would be a 7321, but I thought what the hell and asked for the serial number. It turned out to be Japanese. It was like 3 or 4 hours away from me, but I remember a friend said he was going to this city to see family that weekend. I got him to pick it up for me. I realized that the trem post was crooked when I finally got it which sucks, but won't be too too hard to fix. Both of these guitars a getting totally new looks too. I plan to paint the 7420 white and the 7421 is going to get a distressed stain look. Anyway I waited till the 7421 came to make an NGD thread, so here it is. Onto the pics!

Ibanez RG7420

Ibanez RG7421

·
Registered
639 Posts
Congrats Bro... $160 is a good deal.. (thunder stealing warning)...I got mine for $130

My 7421 has become my favorite guitar to pick and noodle around with. Stays in PERFECT tune and very very very light in weight. I actually like the stock neck pups alot sounds great when doing fast ascending scale runs

7421 is going to get a distressed stain look.
Good call on the distressed look.. the grain on my 7421 was puuurty UGLY..but it turned out pretty nice..

See thread for more details

http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f21/ngd-refinish-rg7421-to-swirl-or-natural-110704.html

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, $130? Great deal there man. I actually saw your thread on that one a while ago and looooved it. Like alot. I saw it SS.org too. You did a great job with it man.

I'm thinking I'm going to swirl the 7420. My other 7421 is getting painted white!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts