Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
The regular screamers are okay. I just installed some green ones on a yellow RG350 for someone. They sounded better than the stock pups, but nowhere near Blazes, Breeds, or Evos.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Definitely not a fan. Had a neck version that came in my RG2EX2 that I could've done without. Muddy, no definition, and makes an INF pickup a better choice. I would get some bobbin toppers or paint whatever pickups you got in there now.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I've got their Power Rails in one of my guitars and I echo silverctr. Bit bland, muddy, and I find them to be quite noisy too. Swapping them out when I get more cash. Not impressed with Dragonfire.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I put the Crusaders in one of my Ibanez Mikros - it blows **** up! almost a perfect Invader clone. crazy cheap price to boot

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I've only tried Dragonfires once.. ish.
If you want a good cheap pickup, look at GFS. I've bought all kinds from them and have always been happy.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
If you want a cheap upgrade for the stockies and you like hot pickups, try some Guitarheads hexbuckers. They come in different colors with black screws. I have all kinds of Dimarzios laying around and I still have a set of the green ones in one of my swirls that I play all the time... You can find them for $40 a pair sometimes on ebay.

I've never tried any of the GFS pickups, but they do get good reviews all over the place...

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
FWIW all three "brands" of pickups mentioned in this thread are made by the same asian manufacturer, Artec or something like that. I suppose its possible that one rebrander has a different amount of winds or specs or something...but I doubt it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts