Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the RGA60AL Axion and want to put a High end bridge in it! I was wondering which ones I can simply swap out and if a Zp can be installed?
Also whats everyone鈥檚 opinion on block upgrades? Titanium blocks are a little out there at around $160 馃槀 but between copper and brass? Thanks in advance for any info!

Registered
Why do you want to replace the Edge Zero II? The Edge Zero II is a very capable bridge in of itself, and shouldn't be discounted as a lower level bridge.

You could swap for an Edge Zero without modifications as I understand, but you'd have essentially the same stability and tone, etc. No other bridges are going to be a direct fit, so you'll be spending a bomb on a new trem, and if you're not able to DIY with the work involved to install, be paying a lot for that too.

If there's something you're not quite liking about the tone then consider changing the block. Your tonal preferences will answer the question with regards to what upgrade block you should go with. I've had extensive experience with brass and titanium blocks, and they each have their own distinct tonal effect. In a nutshell, brass is warmer and thicker, while titanium will give you a sharper tone with greater articulation and attack.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LonePhantom thank you for your post. I don鈥檛 have anything against the way it plays or sounds. I would like to have the intonation adjustment as an option instead of a tool but not a necessity either. Yes it shouldn鈥檛 be counted as a lower quality item but unfortunately it is. I enjoy working on guitars and it being my first Ibanez I wouldn鈥檛 mind having extra parts on hand. That鈥檚 why I was also asking about a drop in.
As far as the blocks go, with your brass blocks on the Ibanez do they sound more muddy or simply make it a little thicker/brighter? Just a flat out upgrade? I like the attack of titanium but don鈥檛 know if it will sound to tin can like and for the cost of them it makes it hard to just buy one for the hell of it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.