Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
334 Posts
Christ on a cracker... I've never seen so many f*(king crybabies as the DT fans have been with this latest release. Ten years ago DT could crap on a piece of vinyl and the fans would chew it up and ask for seconds. Now nothing's good enough.

Ah, the Internet. What a great medium. Courage in anonymity...

-R
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,894 Posts
So someone is surprised to discover that metal (or whichever term you wish to use) can be as formulaic, repetitive and derivative as any other genre?

Who’d have thought …….
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,952 Posts
Algiman said:
So someone is surprised to discover that metal (or whichever term you wish to use) can be as formulaic, repetitive and derivative as any other genre?

Who'd have thought …….
Ohhhhh My God!!!!!

;)

Regards

André
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
260 Posts
That's absolutely hilarious. I'm still laughing, 20 minutes later. This might even be more hilarious than the Muse thing. And the Peter Gabriel, and the...<insert 300 other, less severe cases here>.

But the best part is reading what the fanboys in denial have to say about it. Also, I think this was the most telling post:
what clip is posted in this tread? dt, or linkin park? i lsitened to it and it sounds like neither..im lost...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,901 Posts
damn... my biggest complaint with these guys is their godawful cliched lyrics... if they're going to rip off someone- I wish it was someone better.


/paging Roger Waters, Paul Simon, and James Taylor to the green room...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
you can do this with plenty of songs, all Mumblefood really did was somthing that radio DJs and dance club DJs do every day. on the fly even! now james labrie's solo album, that album is full of blatant rips
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
881 Posts
i cant believe there is so much disgust with this album. its actually one of my favorites at the moment. i've got all their studio albums and this one is at the top
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,386 Posts
Bluestreak said:
Christ on a cracker... I've never seen so many f*(king crybabies as the DT fans have been with this latest release. Ten years ago DT could crap on a piece of vinyl and the fans would chew it up and ask for seconds. Now nothing's good enough.

Ah, the Internet. What a great medium. Courage in anonymity...

-R
10 years ago, DT was crapping good music.

I'll say that to anyone live or via the web, I ain't a-skeered.

Bamm
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,469 Posts
That's just really sad....

I suck at guitar still but can atleast come up with some own stuff that's "influenced" by other bands.....INFLUENCED but not the same damn song or the same damn riffs. So you would think that someone like Petrucci would be able to do better....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,901 Posts
lyconxero said:
That's just really sad....

I suck at guitar still but can atleast come up with some own stuff that's "influenced" by other bands.....INFLUENCED but not the same damn song or the same damn riffs. So you would think that someone like Petrucci would be able to do better....
as this board has discussed over and over again in the cases of Impelliterri (sic, maybe) and countless others- technical talent does not replace creativity.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,641 Posts
Bluestreak said:
Christ on a cracker... I've never seen so many f*(king crybabies as the DT fans have been with this latest release. Ten years ago DT could crap on a piece of vinyl and the fans would chew it up and ask for seconds. Now nothing's good enough.

Ah, the Internet. What a great medium. Courage in anonymity...

-R
Well Train of Thought says it all. But the new one is not that bad. It is nowhere near their earlier stuff up to SFAM, but it's not crap like ToT!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,851 Posts
I don't know, I saw DT 2 years ago and was very impressed with the SDOIT tour.
I grew up with ELP, Yes, King Crimson, Tull & Zep......those guys could play there arses off.....so can DT. I went specifically to see JP- he was great, but suprisingly, John Mung blew me away. What an unbelievably GREAT bass player!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,641 Posts
I saw them a couple times in 2000 and 2002 (I think, a couple days before they played the MOP album in NYC)

In 2000 I was suprised at how lousy JP's tone was. In 2002 his tone was a lot better and the entire band was at their best (what you'd expect from '95-'98 from them which I think was their best live period.... really really good!). 6 Degrees was a good album (not for them but still a good album), I hate ToT but what I have heard so far of the new one (3 songs), it sounds good!
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top