Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been a big fan of the black Jazz III XL for a while now but I like the sound of the ultex material on the smaller Jazz III's, but I just can't go back to that small pick size. I just wanted to see how many other people would be interested in the Ultex III XL, speak up and maybe Dunlop will take notice.

P

·
Registered
234 Posts
I would, for sure. I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. I love the JXL shape, but love the Ultex material for it's sound and feel. The combination of the two would be perfect.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Completely concur. Love the control and precision the Jazz III XLs provide, but don't really care for the tone that their attack creates sometimes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Me too - the Jazz XL made of Ultex: would be the ultimate plectrum...

Ultex: I love the feel of the material. It's non-slippery, and interestingly when you work up a little bit of a sweat, the ultex material somehow sticks to your finger skin just the right amount - much better than the textured black Jazz plectrums, which feel a little uncomfortable.

Jazz III has the best picking tip. Pity it's so small - I don't have the confidence to gig live with it.

Jazz XL: perfect size and shape - pity about the material though.

For the moment, taking everything into consideration, the Ultex sharp has quite a nice tip to it, and is currently my favourite pick.

But the Jazz XL made of Ultex: would be the ultimate plectrum...!

·
Premium Member
9,591 Posts
I used to use the Jazz III ultex but then I discovered these. I think they are similar but bigger

They are on the pricey side, but it's all I use

·
Registered
29 Posts
Me too - the Jazz XL made of Ultex: would be the ultimate plectrum...

Ultex: I love the feel of the material. It's non-slippery, and interestingly when you work up a little bit of a sweat, the ultex material somehow sticks to your finger skin just the right amount - much better than the textured black Jazz plectrums, which feel a little uncomfortable.

Jazz III has the best picking tip. Pity it's so small - I don't have the confidence to gig live with it.

Jazz XL: perfect size and shape - pity about the material though.

For the moment, taking everything into consideration, the Ultex sharp has quite a nice tip to it, and is currently my favourite pick.

But the Jazz XL made of Ultex: would be the ultimate plectrum...!
totally agree, it would definitely be the best

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've been using the Eric Johnson Jazz III's for quite awhile... I'm gonna go ahead and order a Red Bear or a V Pick sometime soon... Sorry Dunlop!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts