Votes: 51 75.0%
  • RG2OTH DY

Votes: 17 25.0%
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Guys and Girls, I know this sounds wacky but I would actually be interested in your thoughts:

Hypothetically speaking, if you had the choice of a new JEM777 DY or a new RG20TH DY.....and here's the catch; the price and resale value would be exactly the same. Now or in 10 years time. Which would you choose?

EDIT: ps don't consider the price, resale value or affordability etc etc. The decision is purely about aesthetics, playability and general desirability of the guitar (not the money :lol:)

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
I'd choose the RG just because I have been wanting it for so long now. I've already made my mind up that I'll never be able to own a Jem so why start now. hehehehe ;)

·
Registered
711 Posts
Thats a tough choice,a little while ago it would have been the Jem no doubt.Now I'm starting to go off the ol' monkey grip thing,and a Jem without a monkey grip is pretty much an RG.
Can't decised! :)

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've already made my mind up that I'll never be able to own a Jem so why start now. hehehehe ;)
Hypothetically speaking, if Santa Clause had the Jem in his left hand and RG in his right, which would you choose?

Now I'm starting to go off the ol' monkey grip thing
Possibly same here, but I love the inlays too much :)

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
I voted the 20th RG, Original 87' DY RG's go for good money now, So imagine a 20th DY RG in 10 years time in mint with all the case candy included, I think they would bring in good money, definitely. Also, I do love them 777DY's but the Neon glow of these new RG20th's is just amazing, it's all about the NEON :)

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I voted the 20th RG, Original 87' DY RG's go for good money now, So imagine a 20th DY RG in 10 years time in mint with all the case candy included, I think they would bring in good money, definitely.
Mate I hear ya but I'm trying to remove the money factor all together. Just a simple choice of aesthetic preference. But I take your response to be the RG anyway since you've just bought a stunning specimen, congrats.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Mate I hear ya but I'm trying to remove the money factor all together. Just a simple choice of aesthetic preference. But I take your response to be the RG anyway since you've just bought a stunning specimen, congrats.
I have always prefered the Wizard necks on the RG's, I love my new RG's, they feel and play fantastic with a minor set up and as I said before, the Neon DY looks unreal.

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
I would take the JEM :D Wizard neck a little too thin for me comfort wise so i prefer the JEM neck. Plus.....i love JEMs :D

You are not considering getting rid of your baby again i hope???? :x :lol:

·
Registered
446 Posts
jem for the inlays.. RG 20th for the superb neck.. :) overall....? hmmmm.. errrrr.. ok the RG20th pipps it at he post for the neck.. :D

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hmmm, I wonder if I can tempt you to sell ;) :lol:
Not seriously considering a sale. BTW this is not why I started the poll. I am curious, though, about which neon yellow guitar people would actually go for. I personally love the inlays, pink lion's claw and the other neon bits.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Not seriously considering a sale. BTW this is not why I started the poll. I am curious, though, about which neon yellow guitar people would actually go for. I personally love the inlays, pink lion's claw and the other neon bits.
I really like them pyramids on the JEM, but as I have said a million times now, I really prefer the RG 20th DY, It really really glows so much, I just love it, maybe I am just being biased lol I also prefer the thinner necks too.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts