-----------
What I use:
-----------
1. Ibanez RG770
2. Edge Lo Pro; Blocked with the wooden blocks;
3. Ibanez Locking Nut, screwed from the bottom;
4. SIT strings 10-46 (FR) and standart E tuning;
5. I play with a quite hard attack.

Strings are fully stretched, saddle lock down bolts are tight, all the wood-metal contact points are seem OK too.

------------
The problem:
------------
When I bend any single string it returns slightly flat (about 1-2 cents) AND THEN it slowly comes back to pitch (in a few seconds). It returns to pitch faster if I play that open string a few times.

The other case is when I play some "violent" riff which consists of alternating open low E chords and some chords or phrases on A and D strings. After such riff is played, A string is slightly flat and slowly comes back in tune as I described before.

-------------
Some details:
-------------
1. I noticed some kind of sharp edge in the middle of high E saddle (I'll fix it);
2. I lubed saddles with graphite, because if floyd is fixed, they are string-bridge contact points during bends;
3. I haven't noticed that strings slips through the nut.
-------------

Any suggestions? Maybe this is normal for the fixed floyd?

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
one of my older ibanez does this.
older springs taking longer to adjust back.
guess they are so old their memory gets bad like ours.
but this guitar in question flutters the best and sounds more 80.s so imk happy.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm affraid there is nothing to do with the springs - they are new and stretched enough. Again, we talk about a single string issue, NOT an entire tuning...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
whats the price of tea in china ?
anyway must be the flux capacitor then .
The price is "Летел бы ты на Юг, о человече, напрасно считающий себя крайне остроумным.". Don't try to use a dictionary to translate, because it will seem to you a truly chinese. But you are smart enough to understand the point, aren't you?

·
Banned
9,291 Posts
The price is "Летел бы ты на Юг, о человече, напрасно считающий себя крайне остроумным.". Don't try to use a dictionary to translate, because it will seem to you a truly chinese. But you are smart enough to understand the point, aren't you?
He was trying to help, before you replied with a tude. They're all trying to help be covering all possibilities, Flux Capacitor aside.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
There wasn't any tude BEFORE "Yesterday, 03:33 PM". Anyway, the burrs in some saddles were the problem. Solved.
Thanks for trying.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts