Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first off...sorry if this issue has been mention...i couldnt find it

i have an Rg with a edge pro in it...however i find that the trem arm doesnt fit in...it just feel so tight that it cannot be push in properly

and its the orignal arm that came with

anyone experience this before??...any advice??

·
Registered
260 Posts
Mine was like that on my JEM, just spin it around while putting pressure on it and it should go on, take it out and put it in differently (like first put it in facing the strap pin at the bottom then facing the headstock and then facing sideways and just keep trying till that sucker goes in).

·
Registered
18 Posts
sugizo_esp said:
but wouldnt it expand after a while??

i could be nitemare if i put it in when it shrink and it expand during play and it gets stuck inside
That should not be a problem because it is the plastic rings that's make it hard to put in the trem-arm in the tremolo. They will only be tighter around the trem-arm when its expand, which is a good thing. The plastic rings will also wear down after about 10 seconds of usage.

They are as solid as Michelin tyres on a F1 =D

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Better to have it too tight than too loose:).

As the others said, just push it in while turning it and once it's in there just using it will wear the clips slightly and enough to make it easier to insert.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I found the best way if its too tight, is alot of the time the clips are sticking out too far. Try taking them off and squeezing them together a bunch of times so that they hug the trem arm closer. That should work

Ryan

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
When I first got my Jem, I thought it was a little tough to push the trem arm in, but dont like to push anything hard on that guitar and it was just me babying my guitar too much.

Push your damn tremolo arm in and play the guitar :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts