Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with the Edge Pro II trem? I tried doing a search but there were far too many results. I'm thinking about getting an RGT-42 (?) because I want a neck through model. Is the Edge Pro II at all useable? I've heard many different things but I think a few of those replies may be biased toward MIJ Ibanez'.

Cheers
Joe

P.S How hard is it to do a EP II to OFR conversion?

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Hi Joe

I had an EP2 in a Korean RG370 - it wasn't bad, the tuning stability seemed to get better over a few monthe (don't know why)

I sold my RG and got a Jem - the Edge pro is alot better - feel, tuning, flutter, everything.

If your budget stretches enough get something with and Edge Pro if you can

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
i have one on an RGT42FMDR. it doesn't suck at all.

biggest tangible letdown IMO: it's hard to get the bar to not swing freely. the adjustment for this is tucked away underneath. but if you like that whole dangling thang, np. locking studs woud be nice, too.

FWIW, i reckon i play my RGT more than my jem.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers guys that excellent, I'll definitely have to go uptown and try one. From some of the posts here regarding MIK axes, I was under the impression these were unuseable (i.e. they go out of tune the minute you touch them sort of thing)

Cheers
Joe

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Not in the slightest. Now the TRS trems of the past kind of had that problem, as do the current ILT trems so I hear but the EPII will at the very least hold it's tuning if it's set up properly. I used to play an RG320FM in a store all the time that had an EPII and I abused the crap out of it because I wanted to know how much it could take and it held it's tuning like a champ. Just remember to make sure that the neck locks are firmly tightened before you use the trem or it'll go horribly out of tune (just like any other floating trem).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts