Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man! I just typed out a LONG fix for this only to have it dissapear when trying to post it!!!! If anyone is interested in this fix(takes out wiggle,looseness and requires far less maintenance) let me know. I will try to detail; it again. I hate one finger typing!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Ok heres a not very detailed description of fix.-it is a bit invovled but well worth it.However you need to be comfortable disassembling your trem.In a nutshell you disassemble the trem ,remove plastic trem arm bushing.Then cut a piece of .008-010 (the thicker the better without making trem arrm too tight) automotive type feeler gauge to fit in channel where tension screws arm located. Back out the screws first,install piece of feeler gauge then reinstall bushing. Test arm for fit before reassembling trem. If OK(not too tight) reassemble trem. I did this to mine months ago and havent retightened it since! I use my trem a lot too.BTW-This is a must mod IMO. Without it the trem arm wont stay tight for long and the adjustment screws will eventually cut thru the bushing and destroy the arm!HTH Bob.

Per haps someone can move this to the correct forum-my mistake....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts