Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, got an edge pro bridge from an RG2550ex Prestige. Will it fit on my jem jr? Many thanks for an answer!

·
Registered
437 Posts
"Jem JR" covers a huge range of models. If your guitar comes with an edge pro 2, yes it'll be a direct swap in. If it does not, absolutely not. Will require some routing and probably be a pain in the butt.

Let me know what bridge you already have.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"Jem JR" covers a huge range of models. If your guitar comes with an edge pro 2, yes it'll be a direct swap in. If it does not, absolutely not. Will require some routing and probably be a pain in the butt.

Let me know what bridge you already have.
Thank you very much, not an EPII I guess..

Attachments

·
Registered
437 Posts
Sorry bud. Installing an edge pro is "doable" but will be a large pain in the butt. If you look at the bottom of the edge pro, you can see what I mean. Try to line it up visually to see what you'd have to do.

What you MIGHT be able to do is trade your edge pro for a standard edge tremolo. That will be a direct drop in for you. If youre just looking to put in a higher quality tremolo, a gotoh 1996 is a great swap and isnt very expensive (well, relatively speaking).

·
Registered
426 Posts
They definitely are much cheaper (the gotoh as Bob mentioned). A cosmo one should run about $135ish brand new on eBay. They are very nice for the cash. I replaced the TRS trem I had on a js100 and it's sweet. Chrome for $110, can't beat it for the buck.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Hello everyone, got an edge pro bridge from an RG2550ex Prestige. Will it fit on my jem jr? Many thanks for an answer!
You HAVE Edge pro, you have guitar. Try to put in guitar to see what happens and share result with us. Maybe it coud fit. Edge pro has the smallest footprint of all good quality Ibanez tremolos. I changed my double locking tremolo with Schaller lockmeister (which is OFR without branding.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You HAVE Edge pro, you have guitar. Try to put in guitar to see what happens and share result with us. Maybe it coud fit. Edge pro has the smallest footprint of all good quality Ibanez tremolos. I changed my double locking tremolo with Schaller lockmeister (which is OFR without branding.
Eheh will do! I am due to receive the bridge in the post this week.

Thanks for the support

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They definitely are much cheaper (the gotoh as Bob mentioned). A cosmo one should run about $135ish brand new on eBay. They are very nice for the cash. I replaced the TRS trem I had on a js100 and it's sweet. Chrome for $110, can't beat it for the buck.
Thank you I will do that if it does not fit 🙏🏻

1 - 9 of 9 Posts