Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted a similar question in another section of the forum then saw this one so thought I'd ask here as well.

I have an RG2550e Prestige with the Edge Pro and am having an usual issue.
It is set up stock and is very stable, stays in tune very well, in my home. When I take it to use for our worship band, it goes flat to the point of needing to tighten the spring claw to regain concert pitch after only a couple hours. When I get back home, I need to loosen the claw again to regain concert pitch. I have a Fender strat and have used a couple different PRS' with trems without any issue remotely close to this in the same environment. I have come to the conclusion that the issue is related to the springs since it will stay in tune if I block the trem. Any advice on causes or solutions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
9,298 Posts
I don't know why you had to start a second thread about this. I believe you've already got the appropriate responses in the first one, whether you like it or not.

Fact is climate related issues cause this. Your JEM is probably more affected by it than your others.

Again, don't start another thread somewhere else on the forum. There's really no need to do that. The same people that saw your first thread will see your second too. It's just a waste duplicating things. ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I apologize for posting this in another section. Not looking for different answers. Checking how to delete this thread.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Like what ^^ said, it's the temperature that's causing problems. What I usually do, is just to put my hand on the bridge and keep it there for a little bit just the warm the bridge back up a bit. I wouldn't mess with the claw too much since wood can break and get worn quite easily.

EDIT: Keep this thread here, that's what the help/tech section is for :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts