Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.....as in,replacing saddle screws and locking nut clamp screws thread size? Would like to get them from a supplier other than Ibanez's ridiculous prices.....Can't seem to find specs anywhere.

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
Wish I knew (because I need the same info).

As an FYI, I ordered some bolts (for the pressure pads of the locking nut) from Diablo Tuning and they wouldn't actually fit through the pressure pads. They fit the threads of the locking nut just fine, but wouldn't go through the holes in the pads. Very frustrating (but DT was great about taking them back and refunding my $$).

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
That same guy diablo tuning has ss screws for the saddles, I don't remember the prices and whether or not they were better than Ibanez, but I have met him and he is a pretty big Ibanez fan and think he sought those out specifically for Ibbys. Seems weird those pressure pad screws wouldn't work. I usually try and go to a place called fastenal for odd things, sometimes they can figure stuff out.

·
Premium Member
10,116 Posts
Wish I knew (because I need the same info).

As an FYI, I ordered some bolts (for the pressure pads of the locking nut) from Diablo Tuning and they wouldn't actually fit through the pressure pads. They fit the threads of the locking nut just fine, but wouldn't go through the holes in the pads. Very frustrating (but DT was great about taking them back and refunding my $$).
You have to grind the threads off the last 2mm of those bolts for them to fit in the bores in the pads.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Both the Edge and Lo Pro Edge use the following for saddle screws:

Button-Head Socket Cap Screw (M3 Size, 10 mm Long, 0.5 mm Pitch)

Type 316 Stainless Steel at McMaster-Carr:
http://www.mcmaster.com/#94500a223/=sk0g2t

I also measured the saddle screws on my Edge Zero guitar:

Button-Head Socket Cap Screw (M3 Size, 8 mm Long, 0.5 mm Pitch):

Type 316 Stainless Steel at McMaster-Carr:
http://www.mcmaster.com/#94500a222/=sk0hq5

These are all available at Ace hardware if that is more convenient to you. I replace all the screws on my tremolos with stainless hardware. They are less likely to strip and obviously don't corrode at all.

Also, make sure you keep the little washers from the original screws. They are smaller than standard metric washers. I haven't found a place to buy these yet in stainless.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I don't know if they offer edge specific ones, but Floyd Upgrades is good for this kind of stuff too.
They have stainless screws for original floyd rose tremolos. Plus their prices are 20-50x what you can get them for at Ace or McMaster-Carr.

Example: 3 stainless nut clamp screws are $9.95 at FU-tone

The same screws at McMaster-Carr are $6.00 for a package of 100, or $.06 a piece.

Anyone selling these screws for more than $1 a piece is ripping people off.

·
Vendor
26,493 Posts
I'd never put any stainless screws on any of my guitars. Against cosmo that just looks bad.

Factory screws are getting in the ridiculous realm, but they set the pricing, not me, and the majority of people prefer factory over generic even when I have both and the factory costs 3-5x the price.

Stainless? uggggg.

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
I put stainless screws in the pickguard holes of my 550. Made my 550 look so much nicer. The old screws were so rusted it looked terrible.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts