Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I know this discusion has been since the begining of time, but i'd like to know what do you think about the EDGE PRO tremolo sistem, compared to the old ones, the construction, stability, look, everything...that's it

Greetings From CHILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
173 Posts
I have little to contribute, since I sold my customized RG220 a while ago, and since I have only briefly played the new Edge Pro. The Edge Pro is the best because of materials and because of how it feels like when you palm mute...

Actually... the only reason I contributed was to say

VIVA CHILE MIERDA!!
chao

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I personally think the Lo-Pro Edge is the best Ibanez trem (closely followed by the original Edge).

I've owned one guitar with the new Edge-Pro and compared to the Lo-Pro Edge on my RG2027 it was awful.

The Lo-Pro will take some serious abuse and still return to pitch perfectly 99% of the time.
One good dive on the Edge-Pro and it was out of tune. I sold the guitar with the Edge-Pro.

I also think the Edge-Pro is an ugly piece of sh*t compared to the Lo-Pro:).

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
i think it also widely depends on people's luck and the individual guitars and trems. Some might get a great unit and some might get one not so great. People are probably going to have a sour experience with one or the other and not like it from then on. With that said both my edge and edge pro take tons of abuse and return great. The pro feels tighter and better right now though.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Original Edge, then Lo Pro, but the original with its big tail feels right, like a floyd is supposed to feel...

Theres a reason Joe and Steve have original Edges on their main axes (tho Steve also uses the Lo Pro in Flo and the Horsie)...

·
Registered
8,514 Posts
The Lo-Pro is the best middle ground. The original Edge is an amazing bridge, been using it for 2 decades and been happy 99% of the time, but I always wanted a Lo-Pro, the design is better but it retains the Edge feel. Never tried the Edge Pro, but if I did own one I'd do the locking stud mod. I'm sure all 3 bridges are great. My choice, though... Lo-Pro. It's got everything the others have got. Plus it looks sleek and mean!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts