Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've used the edge pro before with the Ibanez rg1750, I sold that guitar though.

I am looking at the Ibanez RG350MZ, And it comes with the Edge Zero II with the ZPS system. Is this tremolo half decent or is it a just a piece of garbage? I am hoping to get this guitar and get fret work/new pickups/set up done to it instead of buying an expensive guitar. And it easy to set the intonation on this guitar?

Just needs some reviews on this bridge before I order to try it out.

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is a very good trem. I have one on my RG350MYE 2011.
I feel like the RG350 2011 and newer, is like the RG550 of today.
It's a gret guitar, I play it a lot and I have 8 JEMs.
8 Jems, Wow you're quite a collector! If you say that the Edge Zero II is good you must know what you're talking about.

Is adjusting the action/intonation easy on this guitar? Does it come with an intonation tool like on some of there other models?

·
Registered
88 Posts
it's an awesome trem. In fact, it apparently performs better than the Edge Pro, due to it's locking studs. Probably feels a bit different from the Edge, and LoPro Edge, but awesome nonetheless. It comes with the ZPS system, the thumbwheel for adjusting tension and the 2 removable springs.
If you do get it, i would suggest you take the ZPS springs out of the guitar- they make the bridge a bit too firm, and i find they have no REAL benefit.
My point is, it is a wonderful bridge. I have one in my RG370 (2011)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds good...What's the quality of this guitar compared to a (prestige) model. I am sure prestige models have better fret work, But that can always be done, And I can also change parts. Like new pots and pickups.

Would this guitar require f-spaced pickups?

·
Registered
88 Posts
It will probably need F-spaced pickups, unless you put in an X2N, or something like that(with big-arse pole pieces or the blade thingies).
The quality of the guitar is apparently a mixed bag, but my guitar is excellent. Some parts can get loose over time(trem arm holder, tone pot starts becoming shaky) but they are simple to fix and as far as i know, something that happens to pretty much every guitar over time. However, all in all, they are fantastic guitars.

·
Premium Member
3,354 Posts
I took the black ZPs springs out and just left the two lsilver ones in.
I've had nothing go wrong. My only gripe, a small one, is the jack is on a football plate.
I like the RG jacks that mount right in the wood of the body, the barrel kind, not the old Fender kind.
You need F-spaced pickups just like a JEM or any other Ibanez floating trem guitar.
See mine- before and after-

http://s878.photobucket.com/albums/ab341/bitsandpcsbmx/Ibanez RG350M-YE 2011/

·
Registered
88 Posts
My only gripe, a small one, is the jack is on a football plate.
I second that.
The input jack is loose on my guitar. The actual jack, not the football plate thingy it's mounted on.
It is literally shaking every time i move the guitar.
Not to 'hijack' the thread or anything, but is there a way to fix that???
BTW, awesome guitar. Which pickups are those???

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I used the own the Prestige 1570 with the Edge Pro, And that trem seemed very solid....

As for parts getting loose, Well they probably put cheap pots in there, Cheap input jacks, Cheap pickups. I am going to change all those anyhow and get some Dimarzio pots + a quality jack.

It's made in Indonesia so I know some of the parts are going to really suck, And the fret work will most likely need to be leveled/fret dress. And that can just be done by a tech.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Those parts are no problem, I am just wondering what the neck feels like compared to a Prestige model, I used to own the 1570 Prestige model and I remember the neck being amazing.

·
Registered
88 Posts
the wizard 3 is amazing. It measures 19mm at the nut and 21mm at the 12th fret. I think the prestige is slightly thinner, but the Wizard 3 is great nonetheless. The thing is, it has a very nice and predictable carve and shape- not like the wizard 2, which is REALLY "D" shaped- it hurts your thumb like ****.
I dont know how the shape on the prestige neck was, but the wizard 3 is spectacular.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I just got my new RG 350MP yesterday and am very impressed with the new trem. I had 10s installed and adjusted at sweetwater. I was very concerned it would not stay in tune due to the fact the setup usually has to be done just right on a floating tremolo. It came adjusted right and it stays in tune perfect. The action feels great on the trem too. I would not hesitate to say it's awesome.

·
Registered
57 Posts
the wizard 3 is amazing. It measures 19mm at the nut and 21mm at the 12th fret. I think the prestige is slightly thinner, but the Wizard 3 is great nonetheless. The thing is, it has a very nice and predictable carve and shape- not like the wizard 2, which is REALLY "D" shaped- it hurts your thumb like ****.
I dont know how the shape on the prestige neck was, but the wizard 3 is spectacular.
dont forget the wizard 3 and other new ibanez necks are also 2mm WIDER than wizard 2. so if your fingers arent long, that will hamper you

1 - 20 of 22 Posts